Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Prescription Spectacals

Prescription Spectacals

Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Prescription Spectacals

Hi ,is it better value to get prescription spectacles in Spain rather than the UK?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescription Spectacals

Once you get the prescription (from the eye-test) you can get the glasses
made up from an internet provider. I got a spare pair this way, the cost was
£15 all-in (lenses, frames, postage). No doubt they'd post them to Spain,
rather than the UK (like almost everything else, they were made in china - but I
suspect that the major high-street suppliers do something similar, too).
I'd reckon that the major decider where ou get your glasses from is who has
frames that you like the look of.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Hi ,is it better value to get prescription spectacles in Spain rather than the UK?

My wife buys her reading glasses off the market for €5

Soloptical are advertising a pair of glasses with anti glare and a free pair of prescription progressive sunglasses for €89

Same deal with varifocals €139
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:25 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pete_l
Once you get the prescription (from the eye-test) you can get the glasses
made up from an internet provider. I got a spare pair this way, the cost was
£15 all-in (lenses, frames, postage). No doubt they'd post them to Spain,
rather than the UK (like almost everything else, they were made in china - but I
suspect that the major high-street suppliers do something similar, too).
I'd reckon that the major decider where ou get your glasses from is who has
frames that you like the look of.
they are more expesive in Spain
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
What in general???
The last pair I bought in Specsavers in the UK cost me the best part of £500!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

but the eye test is free
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:33 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Mine cost 600 euro lenses cost lots and i did look around
I am going to get some from spec savers when i go back i want some big sunglasses,
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There is a web page you can go to, once you have what prescription you need, and the glasses are stunningly cheap.

Trouble is, I can't remember which one.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mine cost 600 euro lenses cost lots and i did look around
I am going to get some from spec savers when i go back i want some big sunglasses,
well I dont know what prescription you need obviously, but from what I've seen here soecs are far cheaper in Spain than the UK

I have varifocal reactolite plastic non scratch nuclear powered ones
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:37 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Prescription Spectacles

After an hour of waffle some months ago Mrs Posh walked out after a quote of 500 euros and her eyes are not that bad. The frame was not even Designer so we get ours from here. E-mails are from the owner and they post to Spain. You can pay in Pounds or Euros.

http://www.selectspecs.com/search.ph...sex&Currency=3

NIGHT NIGHT zzzzzzzzzzz
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

OK.Thanks for all the trouble in replying.Know I have a better idea what to do.Thanks again.Stuart.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:46 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Two of us paid a total of about €500 for reactolite varifocals from Torreveija Specsavers
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:00 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Both mine and my wifes cost 45€ a total of 90€ thats for both pairs, we had last years frames and they were ready in 2 days ,but they put the lens, the wrong way round in mine and they thought it was highly ammuamusingn i couldn't see anything ,they rectified them in 3 hrs .
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:46 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
Both mine and my wifes cost 45€ a total of 90€ thats for both pairs, we had last years frames and they were ready in 2 days ,but they put the lens, the wrong way round in mine and they thought it was highly ammuamusingn i couldn't see anything ,they rectified them in 3 hrs .

Hope the specs didn't make you make really low building quotes in those three hours cowboy
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

www.goggles4U.com

An ophthalmologist recommended it to me - average cost of specs is £20 a pair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.