Reload this Page >

Prescription Medicines

Prescription Medicines

Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

SandyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prescription Medicines

Hello folks,
hoping I have come through to the right section - have a habit of ending up in wrong places so forgive me if I have!!

Hubby and I are leaving the UK at the end of the year to motor home through France to Spain for a unlimited period. I gather you people are all permanently in Spain but wonder if you can offer me some advice. I have to take prescription medicine and can only get three months supply to take with me, what is the procedure out there for getting repeats?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:23 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescription Medicines

Originally Posted by SandyB
Hello folks,
hoping I have come through to the right section - have a habit of ending up in wrong places so forgive me if I have!!

Hubby and I are leaving the UK at the end of the year to motor home through France to Spain for a unlimited period. I gather you people are all permanently in Spain but wonder if you can offer me some advice. I have to take prescription medicine and can only get three months supply to take with me, what is the procedure out there for getting repeats?
You would have to register with a local Dr, but your E111, or E106 should see you through all that, make sure you do get your E106, which lasts 2 years, or the E111 and you should have no problems, however you are likely to have to pay for the medicines.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SandyB and welcome to the forum. You will find that you can buy most medicines over the counter here without prescriptions, just show them the old packaging, although I would check out this before you leave as certain medications will need a prescription.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:40 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Welcome sandyb,

As mrsjdr says most medication can be bought over the counter the majority is not a bad price but some medication can be expensive not sure how things work in France. OH had no trouble with his blood pressure pills but one of the tablets I took is not available here in Spain and I had to see a cardiologist before I was prescribed an alternative.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks,

Could you pm me as there is a way of gaining more than a 3 month supply.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

thank you for all your answers folk, appreciate it

Have Pm'd you Rosemary (hopefully!!)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for all your answers folk, appreciate it

Have Pm'd you Rosemary (hopefully!!)
Not come through to me so you may have to have another go.

Sorry but I will not be on line again until much later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 20th 2007 at 7:00 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Not come through to me so you may have to have another go.

Sorry but I will not be on line again until much later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Rosemary
Ok Rosemary will try again tomorrow, thank you!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think your PM facility will work until you make more posts.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl is right send her an email or do some more posting ;-)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Jerseygirl is right send her an email or do some more posting ;-)
The advantages of the 'Activity Ticker'...I find myself answering posts from all around the world.

Don't know how many posts you have to make before you can use the PM facility...I looked in the FAQ's but it doesn't say.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The advantages of the 'Activity Ticker'...I find myself answering posts from all around the world.

Don't know how many posts you have to make before you can use the PM facility...I looked in the FAQ's but it doesn't say.
I got enough to do looking after me own ticker, I must have a look at it though sometime.
I think 5 or 10 rings a bell.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all so much for your help and advise, I did manage to send an email eventually to Rosemary and her suggestions have been very useful.

Hope your all enjoying happy, sunny relazing days - am dead jealous!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Thank you all so much for your help and advise, I did manage to send an email eventually to Rosemary and her suggestions have been very useful.

Hope your all enjoying happy, sunny relazing days - am dead jealous!!

Hello Sandy

Have you not yet read the "What has happened to the weather" thread. If you want a laugh on us then you should try it.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hello Sandy

Have you not yet read the "What has happened to the weather" thread. If you want a laugh on us then you should try it.
Oh dear Crispy *stifles little snigger* and we were basking in 24 degrees here last week end *wafts a bit of sunshine expatty peoples way* having said that I am glad I am not a brass monkey this evening!!!!

Well, I will keep my fingers crossed that things pick up soon and all your bikinis can come out again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.