Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Prescription drugs

Prescription drugs

Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

sujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Prescription drugs

Does anyone know if Cocodamol is availble without a prescription in Spain?
We have been stockpiling here as OH has to take it regularly.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:56 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Prescription drugs

Originally Posted by sujee
Yes, I've found them without prescription in soluble form.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

you can get something called Gelocatil con codeine. which I think is the same.
I use Syndol for really bad headaches with nausea. To replicate this I use Gelocatil with dormidina and a cup of coffee or proper tea (For the caffeine)
Old Jan 27th 2012, 10:58 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sujee
Yes, no problem.

I use something called "COD-EFFERALGAN" which is soluble (efervescente) and contains 500mg paracetamol and 30mg codeine.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

sujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your replies. Seems we will be able to get enough to last until we have made health care arrangements in Spain
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy many drugs, that would be prescription only in the UK, in Spain over the counter, and many like Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are available at much higher strengths than in the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

What you can't buy, though, are the extremely cheap generic Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Aspirin or vitamin tablets which are on sale in UK supermarkets or the pound shops. If you use any of these it might be worth bringing a supply with you.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
What you can't buy, though, are the extremely cheap generic Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Aspirin or vitamin tablets which are on sale in UK supermarkets or the pound shops. If you use any of these it might be worth bringing a supply with you.
Can't agree with that, we were buying 'Gelocatil' which is Paracetamol, and paying 3€ for a 100 pack of 1000mg tablets, well cheaper than the UK, you need to go into a pharmacia and ask, don't be fobbed off with the heavily advertised versions, the basic ones are so much cheaper, and just as good. I used to take antihistamines, and always got them from a pharmacia, but always asked for ceterizina, which is the generic version. They are there, but you have to find out the name and ask.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Can't agree with that, we were buying 'Gelocatil' which is Paracetamol, and paying 3€ for a 100 pack of 1000mg tablets, well cheaper than the UK, you need to go into a pharmacia and ask, don't be fobbed off with the heavily advertised versions, the basic ones are so much cheaper, and just as good. I used to take antihistamines, and always got them from a pharmacia, but always asked for ceterizina, which is the generic version. They are there, but you have to find out the name and ask.
Great to hear about gelocatil.... is that a brand name, I presume? And how do you find out the spanish names for specifics - can't think of a single one of course - ok maybe Co proxamol...?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 6:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by fionamw
Great to hear about gelocatil.... is that a brand name, I presume? And how do you find out the spanish names for specifics - can't think of a single one of course - ok maybe Co proxamol...?
Google can be your friend there, just ask the right questions, remember the chemical names for the drugs are the same or very similar to the UK names, I was lucky to find an English speaking pharmacist to ask.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the mini aspirin available here on "red" prescription? In the UK I always went for the Asda 30p packs and broke them into smaller pieces even though I get free scripts.Went in the pharmacy to buy some here and nearly fell over at 4.60
Old Mar 7th 2012, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

The pharmacies where I live have really tightened up on antibiotics - I used to be able to get Monurol over the counter when I got a UTI but not anymore. I get UTI's often - don't know why - and booking an appointment with my doctor is now getting ridiculous, 7 days or more. Seven days of peeing minute amounts, every hour or so including during the night and with the associated pain is really getting me down. I do take cranberry extract pills every morning to try and ward off infections but even they are not as potent as previously. Anyone got any ideas on 'natural' remedies for this type of infection?
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
The pharmacies where I live have really tightened up on antibiotics - I used to be able to get Monurol over the counter when I got a UTI but not anymore. I get UTI's often - don't know why - and booking an appointment with my doctor is now getting ridiculous, 7 days or more. Seven days of peeing minute amounts, every hour or so including during the night and with the associated pain is really getting me down. I do take cranberry extract pills every morning to try and ward off infections but even they are not as potent as previously. Anyone got any ideas on 'natural' remedies for this type of infection?
I thought that cranberries were helpful as a diuretic rather than as an infection barrier sso you have taught me something there. I know that you do not have refined sugar in your diet so that cannot be the cause and it is for many people. Natural yoghurt, the better the culture the better the effect. Garlic is also useful as this helps to purify.

Rosemary
Old Mar 7th 2012, 1:17 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I find the easiest method is to obtain repeat prescrition drug is to take in the packet and pharmacist will happily supply the same or an alternative.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I thought that cranberries were helpful as a diuretic rather than as an infection barrier sso you have taught me something there. I know that you do not have refined sugar in your diet so that cannot be the cause and it is for many people. Natural yoghurt, the better the culture the better the effect. Garlic is also useful as this helps to purify.

Rosemary
Rosemary - quick one very much off topic but health related: Natural yoghurt (I remember it as being known as 'live' unless this is different again)......is that what is now being peddled as 'bio' for friendly bacteria?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.