Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Preparation for coming to Spain!

Preparation for coming to Spain!

Old Oct 13th 2007, 3:59 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preparation for coming to Spain!

Here's my top tips for anybody about to take the plunge!

Get yourself totally fluent......in lying and bullshitting to other Brits!

Perfect your resume and background......current trends indicate that you should have been the CEO of various multi-nationals....while serving in the SAS, the Navy Seals, and the UN peacekeeping force.....simultaneously.
And it wouldn't hurt to include a manned NASA space mission as well.

If you're not coming out in the immediate future, you may want to stay ahead of the game with your past accomplishments. So brush up on the concepts of time travel and invisibilty! Any HG Wells novel would be a good start.....but hey....why not just claim to be HG Wells? WTF? He's not going to complain is he?

Get loads of tattoos....bad Indian ink jobbies....all misspelt. Put 'em everywhere....particularly your fingers.

Never had your ears pierced back when it was fashionable back in the 70's? Don't waste time....break out the hole punch and get started.

Not got a beer gut yet? Crack open a can and get working on it!

Watch "Carry on Camping".....and then dress identical to Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey's characters. Get sandals....loads of 'em! And like shorts, you have to wear them whatever the weather.

Tell everybody you want to live the real Spanish life in a rural community. Then when you get there whinge to everybody because there's no Marks and Spencers or ASDA on your doorstep. And even worse, the damn local peasants don't even speak English!

And don't bother going out and seeing the countryside or any places of interest.....just sit talking mindless cack on the Internet all day....with Sky TV on in the background.

When you get here....search out all Brits within a 30 mile radius. Meet them, befriend them....then go away and make up stories about them.

So that's my top ten tips for incoming Brits! I'm sure I've forgotten a few though!
It's over to you!
Old Oct 13th 2007, 5:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparation for coming to Spain!

You have such a chip on your shoulder man!

If they don't bother you, and you keep the hell away from them what's the problem?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats originality?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats originality?
That's generous!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Here's my top tips for anybody about to take the plunge!

Get yourself totally fluent......in lying and bullshitting to other Brits!

Perfect your resume and background......current trends indicate that you should have been the CEO of various multi-nationals....while serving in the SAS, the Navy Seals, and the UN peacekeeping force.....simultaneously.
And it wouldn't hurt to include a manned NASA space mission as well.

If you're not coming out in the immediate future, you may want to stay ahead of the game with your past accomplishments. So brush up on the concepts of time travel and invisibilty! Any HG Wells novel would be a good start.....but hey....why not just claim to be HG Wells? WTF? He's not going to complain is he?

Get loads of tattoos....bad Indian ink jobbies....all misspelt. Put 'em everywhere....particularly your fingers.

Never had your ears pierced back when it was fashionable back in the 70's? Don't waste time....break out the hole punch and get started.

Not got a beer gut yet? Crack open a can and get working on it!

Watch "Carry on Camping".....and then dress identical to Kenneth Williams and Charles Hawtrey's characters. Get sandals....loads of 'em! And like shorts, you have to wear them whatever the weather.

Tell everybody you want to live the real Spanish life in a rural community. Then when you get there whinge to everybody because there's no Marks and Spencers or ASDA on your doorstep. And even worse, the damn local peasants don't even speak English!

And don't bother going out and seeing the countryside or any places of interest.....just sit talking mindless cack on the Internet all day....with Sky TV on in the background.

When you get here....search out all Brits within a 30 mile radius. Meet them, befriend them....then go away and make up stories about them.

So that's my top ten tips for incoming Brits! I'm sure I've forgotten a few though!
It's over to you!
Why should everyone want to be like you?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:45 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I haven't had time to reply to your inane drivel guys! Been busy working!
Rolled out another new client's site and only 3 days start to finish as well....and that includes a 200 property upload and a server switch.
Of course, having been in this industry for 23 years and being non-Skills Plane qualified enables me to accomplish tasks that the wannabes and Johnny Come Latelys of this world can only dream of.

And....I even found time to do the washing as well! Because I'm multi-tasking.....as opposed to most Brits who are just multi-talentless!

This is Pete....non-Skills Plane, reasonable command of the Spanish language, no tattoos, no earrings, no beer gut (I don't drink), no skeletons in his closet, and still taking his styling cues from James Dean..... in Huescar! 'Ave it!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Leave off Pete. That picture is about 3 years old.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:11 pm
Mucho Macho

It's about 18 months old Jules.....but it was the only photo of me doing the washing that I had!

I've got some bike photos if you like?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

From that photo I can now determine the root of your self worth issues - you're GINGER!!!!
Sorry, I apologise for thinking you were just a nutter all this time - you have my sympathy!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:30 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by leighbloke
From that photo I can now determine the root of your self worth issues - you're GINGER!!!!
Sorry, I apologise for thinking you were just a nutter all this time - you have my sympathy!
I did have a very slight auburn tone to my hair in my younger days leighbloke!

Here's me in 1975....

These days my hair colour comes out of a bottle! But sometimes....the bottle gets here too late!

Still....what would you know about hair?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

It's about 18 months old Jules.....but it was the only photo of me doing the washing that I had!

I've got some bike photos if you like?
Bikes yes - push bikes. One of them with a basket on the front.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still....what would you know about hair?
Touche!!!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:50 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by montgomail
Bikes yes - push bikes. One of them with a basket on the front.
Nothing like that Jules! But I'm sure you're missing Twat's party photos!
Here's a recent shot of the dirty old bastard up to no good.....with a young lady half his age....who's not his wife!

Don't know how he gets away with it.....he's so stupid he posts them all over the internet!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I haven't had time to reply to your inane drivel guys! Been busy working!
Rolled out another new client's site and only 3 days start to finish as well....and that includes a 200 property upload and a server switch.
Of course, having been in this industry for 23 years and being non-Skills Plane qualified enables me to accomplish tasks that the wannabes and Johnny Come Latelys of this world can only dream of.

And....I even found time to do the washing as well! Because I'm multi-tasking.....as opposed to most Brits who are just multi-talentless!

This is Pete....non-Skills Plane, reasonable command of the Spanish language, no tattoos, no earrings, no beer gut (I don't drink), no skeletons in his closet, and still taking his styling cues from James Dean..... in Huescar! 'Ave it!
Did you drive your bike over the washing causing the skidmarks ?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nothing like that Jules! But I'm sure you're missing Twat's party photos!
Here's a recent shot of the dirty old bastard up to no good.....with a young lady half his age....who's not his wife!

http://maximumbikes.com/rustysprocke...rement_105.jpg

Don't know how he gets away with it.....he's so stupid he posts them all over the internet!
Well whoever she is, she seems to be enjoying his company. What Karen says, must be true then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.