Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant and moving to Spain soon!

Originally Posted by rachel26
Sorry guys! Been rushed off my feet today at work, but have seen all your messages and understand what you mean about flying. I may well put it off until the baby has been born actually, going on what I've read and what you've been saying. Still would like to know the meaning of these words though because will be going to live in Spain sooner or later!

JLFS offered to get you a translation via PM, IIRC
Ok, will do that, but if anyone doesn't mind helping me on here, I'd be very grateful!
unless there's a particular need to have it done on an open thread.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:41 am
Banned

rachel26 will become famous soon enoughrachel26 will become famous soon enough

Well, the first thing is 'bragas desechables/de la abuela (imprescindibles para el parto)'?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:48 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the first thing is 'bragas desechables/de la abuela (imprescindibles para el parto)'?
Use google translate - its easy! Do you have an issue with underwear??

Jo xxx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Knickers, not again, they are wearing a bit thin.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:54 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

They are paper knickers that you wear once and throw away.

Worst thing about giving birth (or other hospital procedure) in Spain is the information blackout. You are completely in the dark not only about what is being done but who is doing it. If you are going to give birth in a public hospital in Spain expect at least one person to insert their hand into your vagina without even bothering to introduce themselves first.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Apr 15th 2010 at 9:01 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:05 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Have you received my PM Rachel?

Let me know.

JLFS wife here, but send me the message.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:09 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tele Addict

Worst thing about giving birth (or other hospital procedure) in Spain is the information blackout. You are completely in the dark not only about what is being done but who is doing it. If you are going to give birth in a public hospital in Spain expect at least one person to insert their hand into your vagina without even bothering to introduce themselves first.
Total rubbish, every thing that happens is put on the computer database and a text copy is given to you including the Doctors name and reg number.
Are you trying to scare the crap out of everybody ?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:17 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jdr
Total rubbish, every thing that happens is put on the computer database and a text copy is given to you including the Doctors name and reg number.
Are you trying to scare the crap out of everybody ?
That's after the event. At the time you don't know what's going on and if you ask questions you don't get straight answers.

Try reading a few of the Spanish maternity forums and see what the grips are. I read one before my wife gave birth recently that said in certain hospitals some forms of pain relief are only available on weekdays as the anaesthetist isn't there at weekends.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Apr 15th 2010 at 9:26 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:19 am
Banned

rachel26 will become famous soon enoughrachel26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by me me
Have you received my PM Rachel?

Let me know.

JLFS wife here, but send me the message.
Yes, I have, just answered! Are you Spanish btw and is JLFS?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:20 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Can't see this being true. We had a baby here and must say that we were given every bit of information as to what was happening, what was going to happen, why it was happening and who the doctors and nurses were. We had more information given to us over here then we did for the baby we had in the UK. Nobody randomly came up and inserted their hands anywhere.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
We had a baby here and must say that we were given every bit of information
We've had 3 here so definitely been through the mill. One time someone came to take the temperature and dropped the mercury thermometer on the floor. When I complained they sent in a woman with a mop to spread the mercury round the floor without clearing it up. My wife was in for a c-section and they placed us in with all the people that had miscarried. We were the only ones in there with a baby. It was very awkward. My biggest gripe is people don't introduce themselves. You've never seen them before and they come in the room and insert a thermometer in your ear. Or tell you something about what's going to be done and they haven't even told you their name or position.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Apr 15th 2010 at 9:44 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

We've had 3 here so definitely been through the mill. One time someone came to take the temperature and dropped the mercury thermometer on the floor. When I complained they sent in a woman with a mop to spread the mercury round the floor without clearing it up. My wife was in for a c-section and they placed us in with all the people that had miscarried. We were the only ones in there with a baby. It was very awkward. My biggest gripe is people don't introduce themselves. You've never seen them before and they come in the room and insert a thermometer in your ear. Or tell you something about what's going to be done and they haven't even told you their name or position.
Must be well different in CB, here in the hospitals they are all small rooms and ensuite bathrooms, 2 people max.
I had a hernia op and knew the names of everyone who touched me, even the two nurses that shaved me bits.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:52 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Must be well different in CB, here in the hospitals they are all small rooms and ensuite bathrooms, 2 people max.
I had a hernia op and knew the names of everyone who touched me, even the two nurses that shaved me bits.

TMI

Jo xxx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:54 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr

Jesus, it took 2 nurses to shave your bits?....................RESPECT......
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
TMI

Jo xxx
Not as much as tele addicts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.