Power cuts!

Old Dec 11th 2015, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Power cuts!

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
Biffta, not sure what part of Moraira you are in but we are on the Benissa costa, when we first had a place here powercuts were a problem in bad weather , we then had no real problems untill a year ago , over the last year Iberdrola have been replacing some power cables, start of the year we were turned off 5 times for 8 hours, all with advanced notice, we are now getting maybe two 5 min cuts a week with the occasional notice of a 4 hour cut, the last longer cut was in October, i think this is all work in progress, we are not there all the time so cant say about the last few weeks, we have not had a call from the alarm company so there has not been any longer cuts
Thanks for that, although we've had a few long cuts, nearly all are of about 2-3 minutes in length. If some kind of work was going on I would expect it to last longer than that. Such brief outages seem inexplicable to me.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Such brief outages seem inexplicable to me.
Agreed but until the work started a year or so ago power cuts were a thing of the past for us, that's why I am sure it has something to do with it, too much of a coincidence me thinks
Old Dec 18th 2015, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Thanks for that, although we've had a few long cuts, nearly all are of about 2-3 minutes in length. If some kind of work was going on I would expect it to last longer than that. Such brief outages seem inexplicable to me.
Biffta, just thought I would let you know, i arrived back at our place in Spain yesterday, checked the alarm system and no power cuts what so ever over the last 4 weeks, maybe it's worth contacting Iberdrola to see what going on there end if your still having problem's
Old Dec 19th 2015, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
Biffta, just thought I would let you know, i arrived back at our place in Spain yesterday, checked the alarm system and no power cuts what so ever over the last 4 weeks, maybe it's worth contacting Iberdrola to see what going on there end if your still having problem's
Thanks for that, but luckily(?) since around the time of my original post, we have been outage free. Don't know the reason, but perhaps some work was going on which caused the frequent cuts. Anyway, fingers and toes crossed!
Thanks to all who posted.
Of course I appreciate I'm tempting fate now and my next post will be to report more cuts. Hope not.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well if there is a problem with the power over the holidays then I'm sure it won't be due to the weather, that's looking lovely!