Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Postal service in Spain

Postal service in Spain

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Postal service in Spain

Quick question. The post office in Ayamonte is open purchased stamps there Saturday. Does anyone know for sure that the postal service is operating, are letters being delivered in Ayamonte/Costa Esuri. Is the post box on Esuri being emptied?[
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Crispy58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Postal service in Spain

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Quick question. The post office in Ayamonte is open purchased stamps there Saturday. Does anyone know for sure that the postal service is operating, are letters being delivered in Ayamonte/Costa Esuri. Is the post box on Esuri being emptied?[
There are definitely deliveries of letters and accounts, of course, in Ayamonte
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 11:20 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crispy58
There are definitely deliveries of letters and accounts, of course, in Ayamonte
Our caretaker on our manzana in ME is still working. If yours is, I am guessing that there is no problem.

I shouted out a hello to him from our terrace a few days ago, as it happens, he was carrying a bunch of letters.

So, for now, we are getting our letters transferred to our individual boxes, perfectly.

Can't guarantee the quality of the initial delivery to the community letterbox though.

Jon
Old Apr 1st 2020, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Littlefatbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

For reasons I won’t bore you with I need to send a cheque to my UK bank. I can’t do it online. My question is do Lidl or Mercadona sell stamps? I don’t really want to go to the post office. I was hoping next time I went food shopping I could buy a stamp and then merely post the letter in the ce post box. If so does anyone know what stamps I’d need to use (ie how much) to send a small letter with just a cheque in it to the UK?
thanks
Martin
Old Apr 1st 2020, 9:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littlefatbloke
For reasons I won’t bore you with I need to send a cheque to my UK bank. I can’t do it online. My question is do Lidl or Mercadona sell stamps? I don’t really want to go to the post office. I was hoping next time I went food shopping I could buy a stamp and then merely post the letter in the ce post box. If so does anyone know what stamps I’d need to use (ie how much) to send a small letter with just a cheque in it to the UK?
thanks
Martin
Hi Martin

Jonny-no-mates hasnt sent a post card or letter for ages in Spain!

However I found this site - which is useful for lots of other stuff too

https://www.andalucia.com/travel/post/home.htm

Often the shops that sell newspapers and cards etc, that I think are still open (they are in Belgium anyway) will sell you a stamp. You should buy a postcard - though, as its a service they provide for the people that buy something.

Im not sure that this is possible in Spain though, maybe someone who has tried it will know.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 1st 2020 at 9:36 am.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littlefatbloke
thanks
Martin
We had exactly the same problem a week ago so I did a round a round trip. 1 our farmacia is near the urgencia 2 the post office not knowing if it would be open it was parking was easy so I collected 6 airmail first class stamp 3 the bank of Laguna Plaza. I noted that the square was totally shut down, I wanted the print shop and paper shop. No joy. On my return I visited Mercadona, Lidl and BP.
I noted that the tabac at the pelican crossing was open and we have bought stamps there in the past. That tradition dates back to the Franco era tobacco and stamps to keep the masses happy.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PS the 6 stamps cost €8.70. Mick posted earlier there was a notice on the post box so it may closed.
Old Apr 1st 2020, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Littlefatbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks chaps. If the box is closed I may have to go to the post office anyway then tomorrow. Never mind I’ll put on a boiler suit some big gloves and have myself a little adventure!
Old Apr 1st 2020, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

limey610 is on a distinguished road

Correos are still advising that their offices are open 9.30-12.30 but as international flights are greatly reduced do not expect the standard 4-7 days for letters to other EU countries.