Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Postal charges from Spain to Uk

Postal charges from Spain to Uk

Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:26 am
Account Closed

suninthesky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Postal charges from Spain to Uk

Hello please could you tell me what the costs are for the following articals roughley or precisely using
spains royal mail type service. A VHS tape, A single music cd, A vinyl record lp, a 500 gram book

And if possable an alturnative system by any other service.

It would be a great help to me, seeing its what I live on here in the Uk, moving down end of year
to be with our family who will also be moving to nerja or Malaga

thanks for any help
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:31 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postal charges from Spain to Uk

You will find all the details that you need here ...... www.correos.es

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Many thanks to you and very best regards
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I rely totally on my electronic kitchen scales for deciding what to send to people. Quite often it is possible to make an item cheaper to send just by changing the packaging.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:17 am
Account Closed

hi rosemary I deal in seconhand books in the uk and am hoping to come down to spain end of year with a view to selling them in spanish book shops, in your travels have you seen much of english books in spanish bookshops, paerbacks novels, fiction non fiction, and if so waht are the prices like. Becuse I can bring down lorry loads.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:22 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suninthesky
hi rosemary I deal in seconhand books in the uk and am hoping to come down to spain end of year with a view to selling them in spanish book shops, in your travels have you seen much of english books in spanish bookshops, paerbacks novels, fiction non fiction, and if so waht are the prices like. Becuse I can bring down lorry loads.
Paperbacks range from 50cents (or less) to 2euros - there seems to be a fair mountain of them in most places that I've been.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in an english book shop somewhere, the place escapes me for now may have been Olvera and most of the books had more dust on them than a car sat in driveway for a week here. I was looking to buy old books for crafting, the dust added to the grunge effect
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:05 pm

I do not live in an area where secondhand English books would be relevant but when we were in Cala de Finnestrat a couple of years ago the paperbacks (dirty and dogeared) in one of the shops were dearer than buying new from Amazon. Not sure what to say to you but I am sure that other people will be able to help you more than I can.

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for that, regards

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I was in an english book shop somewhere, the place escapes me for now may have been Olvera and most of the books had more dust on them than a car sat in driveway for a week here. I was looking to buy old books for crafting, the dust added to the grunge effect
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

anninspain is an unknown quantity at this point

For new books you will be competing with Amazon who now deliver free to Spain.
Where we are there are loads of charity shops selling English paperbacks for 50c hardbacks for €1
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anninspain
Where we are there are loads of charity shops selling English paperbacks for 50c hardbacks for €1
yes, you're right - and around here a lot of the bars have a swap bookshelf - totally free!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:59 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes, you're right - and around here a lot of the bars have a swap bookshelf - totally free!
Go inland and for example in Granada there are none, not even Spanish, in the bodega's, there are a few bookshops but at way high prices but normally they are brand new, second hand are high quality stuff.

But then in Granada everyone including the English students claims not to speak English
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Yes it's the same around our area, also expats tend to swap books between themselves so there's no need to buy new.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominosafety
Go inland and for example in Granada there are none, not even Spanish, in the bodega's, there are a few bookshops but at way high prices but normally they are brand new, second hand are high quality stuff.

But then in Granada everyone including the English students claims not to speak English
but how much of a market would there be for second hand english books if no-one speaks english??
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anninspain
I'm reading a book at the moment, bought second hand from Amazon. Never tried it before, but it said excellent condition, and it's as new, I can't tell that it isn't a brand new book. Book cost £12.99, I paid £2, including postage, it'll be hard to compete with that! Some here from £1.26, including postage!I wish the OP luck, but I think they'll struggle to live solely from that. Wherever I've been in "britified" areas, there seems to be loads of books available for next to nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.