Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Post Office Nightmare -where to complain!

Post Office Nightmare -where to complain!

Old May 2nd 2016, 12:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Office Nightmare -where to complain!

Originally Posted by Neptuno

It is worth filling in that complaint form, because it has to be processed, and may result in action against the staff.
The threat of one is usually enough to make them pull their socks up!
It's also likely to get them to throw your post away in future!

I find a couple of good bottles of wine at Xmas is a far better solution. Now, when a package arrives for our PO Box, he phones us to tell us!
Old May 2nd 2016, 2:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Outgoing mail is always much faster than incoming. I swear that one of our posties refuses to deliver if it is raining because I cannot remember ever having post on a wet day so just as well that the weather is pleasant more often than not.

Saying that I organised for Correos express to collect a parcel from me this Thursday 5/5 but they have excelled themselves by coming this afternoon 2/5 when I showed surprise the man was concerned and checked that I had not been waiting long for them!!!!

Rosemary
Old May 2nd 2016, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's also likely to get them to throw your post away in future!
I

I
I find a couple of good bottles of wine at Xmas is a far better solution. Now, when a package arrives for our PO Box, he phones us to tell us!
It worked for me
Because that form goes to the top, and it has to be acted on, staff are wary of the consequences for them, and thus try a lot harder.
In the past, a letter from HMRC was put into someone else's post box, and the person with the same surname eventually found me through Facebook
Luckily it was a rebate and not a demand!
Our postmaster personally checked the the mail to ensure no mistakes were made
A
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 4:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have dug this old thread up rather than starting another one.

I sent my passport off for renewal by "carta certificada" on 8 June and received it back today 23 June via DHL. Not only speedy postal service but also speedy passport office and DHL. Very pleased.

Rosemary
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 5:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I have dug this old thread up rather than starting another one.

I sent my passport off for renewal by "carta certificada" on 8 June and received it back today 23 June via DHL. Not only speedy postal service but also speedy passport office and DHL. Very pleased. ....
A couple of months ago, my passport application was mailed from within the UK, and received back at an address in the UK. It was mailed on Tuesday, and received back on the Wednesday eight days later. So I would conclude that anything beyond the eight days is approximately the additional transit time to/from the UK.