Portugal Tolls

Old Dec 12th 2015, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

flashyblade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Portugal Tolls

From the look of things, the Tolls seem set to stay on the A22. The far left parties in the Govt want them dropped, but the main party don't seem keen.

I don't mind a toll where there's a paygate, but it's the faff and expense of hiring the transponder that I object to.

New government says toll abolition not on the negotiating table - The Portugal News
Old Dec 13th 2015, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portugal Tolls

Originally Posted by flashyblade
From the look of things, the Tolls seem set to stay on the A22. The far left parties in the Govt want them dropped, but the main party don't seem keen. I don't mind a toll where there's a paygate, but it's the faff and expense of hiring the transponder that I object to. New government says toll abolition not on the negotiating table - The Portugal News
You only need a transponder if you have a Portuguese registered vehicle - for all foreign plates you just need a credit card and a VRN displayed.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

You can also pay at the petrol station.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Pay at the petrol station. WHAT petrol station is that then please.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

JeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond reputeJeanMichel has a reputation beyond repute

The petrol station on the motorway on the way to Faro,
Old Dec 15th 2015, 6:31 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
You only need a transponder if you have a Portuguese registered vehicle - for all foreign plates you just need a credit card and a VRN displayed.
Hola

If that is true then EU laws are being broken as a country cannot discriminate against any other European country - so any European car should be able to use a transponder

Davexf
Old Dec 15th 2015, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola If that is true then EU laws are being broken as a country cannot discriminate against any other European country - so any European car should be able to use a transponder Davexf
Not sure what directive that would come under! However, there is no restriction on foreign car owners purchasing/renting and using a transponder it's that you don't have to as you can use the Easytoll system.
In fact if you are doing extensive travelling across the Portuguese motorway network then a Via Verde transponder is quite a good idea as that will work on all the motorways whereas the Easytoll only applies to the new electronically tolled motorways.
Old Dec 15th 2015, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

flashyblade is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm being tight. When I rent a car at Faro airport it's always got Portuguese plates. The rental firm then charges a rent of 2Euro a day. I find it irritating to pay that charge, when i don't use the toll road except to get to CE and back from the airport. So I end up driving via the N125 and not paying the rental firm. If I could go on the motorway and just pay the toll, I'd do that. But I feel like I'm being double charged. I'll get over it, but it's just annoying.