Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

portait photographer for the expats....

portait photographer for the expats....

Old May 23rd 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Jondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really niceJondee is just really nice
Default portait photographer for the expats....

I am moving over in a few weeks, I have a few ideas for setting up business and have some money to keep me going for a little while. After seeing the average wage and long working hours, I have decided I will stay self employed, I have worked for myself in the UK for over 10 years so being self employed over there will be a fresh challange to say the least.

I am a portrait & Wedding photographer by trade. I dont have the funds to set up a studio in Spain, I have spent the last few years working from home and hiring studios out as and when required, as well as taking portraits in peoples homes, using a mobile studio set up. I figure the competition over their will be less than it is here, and would assume that there will be a need for a good portrait photographer to offer a service to expats. I know of a few english photographers who have studios. mainly in the larger towns. I would be "mobile" and offer lifestyle portraits, as well as having all the studio equipment to set up in peoples homes if required. There's also school and nursery photography as well as offering my services to hotels and businesses for promotional photography. As regards the weddings I would need to get some decent samples of weddings in spain so that would take a while.

Anyone know of any other photographers on the same lines as this?

My website is ....

Please read rule 8. HERE

Last edited by jdr; May 23rd 2007 at 2:13 pm.
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: portait photographer for the expats....

Originally Posted by Jondee
I am moving over in a few weeks, I have a few ideas for setting up business and have some money to keep me going for a little while. After seeing the average wage and long working hours, I have decided I will stay self employed, I have worked for myself in the UK for over 10 years so being self employed over there will be a fresh challange to say the least.

I am a portrait & Wedding photographer by trade. I dont have the funds to set up a studio in Spain, I have spent the last few years working from home and hiring studios out as and when required, as well as taking portraits in peoples homes, using a mobile studio set up. I figure the competition over their will be less than it is here, and would assume that there will be a need for a good portrait photographer to offer a service to expats. I know of a few english photographers who have studios. mainly in the larger towns. I would be "mobile" and offer lifestyle portraits, as well as having all the studio equipment to set up in peoples homes if required. There's also school and nursery photography as well as offering my services to hotels and businesses for promotional photography. As regards the weddings I would need to get some decent samples of weddings in spain so that would take a while.

Anyone know of any other photographers on the same lines as this?

My website is
Not sure where you will be moving to, but in many of the expat areas there are wedding fayres where photographers etc can attend and show their wares and generally advertise themselves. Usually run by local english papers, and local english language radio stations they could be very useful for you.

Last edited by jdr; May 23rd 2007 at 2:13 pm.