Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Popular expat areas for retired single expats.

Popular expat areas for retired single expats.

Old Jun 26th 2016, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Brian.maloney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Popular expat areas for retired single expats.

Hi guys and girls. My dads planning to move to spain very soon. He is planning on renting 2 or 3 bed so me and all my brothers and sisters etc can come over a lot.

Because he will be on his own tho im trying to research the best parts for him to live in (mainland only so we can drive if need be ) in an expat area as he doesnt speak spanish, and he is 69 years old. thats also cheap. Weve been looking at lots of places to rent but until we've narrowed down a list of areas its hard. His budget is no more than 350€ per month rent. Weve seen lots at that rate or lower.

Once a few areas have been chosen me and my dad are planning a flying visit to them all before totally commiting
Old Jun 26th 2016, 6:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Popular expat areas for retired single expats.

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 26th 2016, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

North or South?
Old Jun 27th 2016, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

If he wants to live here on a full time basis ( more than 183 days a year) he will need proof of suffecient income. So he/you will need to do some sums. There are expat communities all over Spain, it just depends on where he wants to go. Andalucia is one of the cheapest areas of Spain but of course it will be more expensive on the costas than inland. Good luck.
Pete
Old Jun 27th 2016, 12:46 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

That is like asking where should a 69 year old move to in the UK. You should focus your attention and decide what your fathers requirements are.

For example:
1. Needs to be within 30 minutes of an airport with links to (where?) in the UK
2. Needs to be with good public transport
3. Needs to be in a town
4. Etc
Old Jun 27th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

God all mighty! He is 69 yrs old if he cannot sort himself out now, then perhaps he should not be at large in ,what is to him, a strange country not knowing the language?

Try to encourage him to stay at home. Tell him Weatherspoons does a pint of IPA for £2.05p and see if he will come to his senses.