Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Poor little kittens!

Poor little kittens!

Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor little kittens!

I paid £180 to the vet for the full passport etc for ours. We moved here in the October, and it died on Christmas Day, only about 10 years old. We havent risked one since
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
There's just too high a risk of it ending up as a pavement pizza.
Truck killed flattypus
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I paid £180 to the vet for the full passport etc for ours. We moved here in the October, and it died on Christmas Day, only about 10 years old. We havent risked one since
Good Heavens! I paid €40 for a pet passport which included a thorough examination and a couple of worming tablets. There seem to be no set charges with a vet. I had one animal speyed 4 years ago which cost me €400 and another last November, at a different surgery, which cost me €120 including an overnight stay at the hospital.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:43 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to help with catching feral cats that lived by the rubbish skips. We had them neutered and put them back. The Vet always checked for leukemia as it is prevelant with campo cats. We took in one kitten, was fine for about 6 months and stooped eating, massive gum infection that no antibiotics cured. Blood tests showed leukemia, my neighbours cat died of it too.

I have one cat who is nearly 19 years. Has lived in the UK. Paris and Spain. She is still healthy and playful. Also have a spanish cat who is now 14.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:12 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
Good Heavens! I paid €40 for a pet passport which included a thorough examination and a couple of worming tablets. There seem to be no set charges with a vet. I had one animal speyed 4 years ago which cost me €400 and another last November, at a different surgery, which cost me €120 including an overnight stay at the hospital.
It depends where you intent to take the animal.

If you want a passport valid in the UK the cost of the jabs and blood tests plus the microchip will get very expensive.

The actual passport is free.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:16 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen Charlie for three days now. We fear the worst...
Attached Thumbnails Poor little kittens!-024.jpg   Poor little kittens!-021.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
Maybe the prices depend on whether or not you live in an expat area.
I had a dog castrated,all the injections and tests for a passport to travel etc.and it only came to just over sixty euro about three year back.

I get the pre-travel treatment for the dog I have now, for only twelve euros, incl frontline, drontal, full medical check, filling in four sections of the passport and on the last occasion removing a couple of tiny dead ticks I hadn't noticed.
Only a fraction of what it costs in N.Europe.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I have one cat who is nearly 19 years. Has lived in the UK. Paris and Spain. She is still healthy and playful. Also have a spanish cat who is now 14.
we too brought our english cat with us when she was 8 years old. she is 17 this year and still going strong. i think it helps though, that we have huge gardens and she never seems to venture far. the last 2 times we have tried taking her in for jabs though, she has been very very poorly, so have decided to no longer give her any. she is also on food that costs 70 euros a month for her recurrent cystitus and minor liver problem, but is well worth it to keep her happy and healthy. It's funny though, we only ever see her when she comes for food..the rest of the time she is lazing the day away somewhere in the garden!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmera
we too brought our english cat with us when she was 8 years old. she is 17 this year and still going strong. i think it helps though, that we have huge gardens and she never seems to venture far. the last 2 times we have tried taking her in for jabs though, she has been very very poorly, so have decided to no longer give her any. she is also on food that costs 70 euros a month for her recurrent cystitus and minor liver problem, but is well worth it to keep her happy and healthy. It's funny though, we only ever see her when she comes for food..the rest of the time she is lazing the day away somewhere in the garden!
That sounds like you've given your cat "the life":-)
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Kittens are still hanging on in spite of 'kira' having a clear case of flu. She can hardly breathe through her nose ...aww, but is still lively. One of them has got better and one doesn't seem to have been affected. My husband was just given some eye ointment after a treatment at the hospital. He threw it out the other day. I took it out of the bin the other day and have treated each of the kittens conjunctivitis successfully with it!
I really can't afford expensive vet bills so I'm giving nature just any helping hand that I can, but ultimately it's up to nature to decide whether they make it.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 2:13 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Truck killed flattypus

Truly one of the viler puns to pass my ken in a long way. Karma on its way.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 2:15 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
Glad you don't live near me. One looking just like that ran under the car the other day with fatal consequences, demonstrating that lack of traffic awareness can radically shorten your life.

Hopefully yours will fare better.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 3:18 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be pleased to hear that Charlie has turned up at our old house two streets away. We're going to pick him up now.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 3:49 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be pleased to hear that Charlie has turned up at our old house two streets away. We're going to pick him up now.
That's great!

When are you moving back?
Old Apr 25th 2011, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Just found this on the net

http://cat-recipes.blogspot.com/2009...ubstitute.html
May be of interest to those who are paying too much for kitten milk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.