British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Pool Heater/Cover - Aircon for the house (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pool-heater-cover-aircon-house-359666/)

tomdenancy Mar 7th 2006 8:54 am

Pool Heater/Cover - Aircon for the house

Hi,

We have a villa on the Costa de la Luz (Medina Sidonia), and we are looking for someone to fit a pool heater & pool cover, and also someone to fit air-conditioning which doubles-up as heating (for the winter) in our villa.

Has anyone got any recomendations?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Douglas jack Mar 7th 2006 12:09 pm

Re: Pool Heater/Cover - Aircon for the house

Originally Posted by tomdenancy
Hi,

We have a villa on the Costa de la Luz (Medina Sidonia), and we are looking for someone to fit a pool heater & pool cover, and also someone to fit air-conditioning which doubles-up as heating (for the winter) in our villa.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

HI Tom,air conditioning,call Steve on 618842589,when in Spain,I purchased my units at Carrefor,398 euros for two units,hot&cold,Steve fitted them for me,clean tidy work ,didnt rip me off,hence recomendation,he might be able to help with poolcover and heater he is English lives in Chiclana not far away.

poollounger Mar 7th 2006 12:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Tom

I know Qimipool offer a pool heating system that runs off solar panels. We had a quote but didn't use them for our pool, but they said that the heating could be fitted retropsectively to save on the initial cost. Be interested to hear the outcome of your search for a pool cover.

Douglas jack Mar 7th 2006 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger
I know Qimipool offer a pool heating system that runs off solar panels. We had a quote but didn't use them for our pool, but they said that the heating could be fitted retropsectively to save on the initial cost. Be interested to hear the outcome of your search for a pool cover.

Hi PL, Rafiel can supply and fit a pool cover for you, did he not install your pool ,about 15 euros a square meter fitted,or you can get the floating type that you can do yourself,not recomended if pine trees close,you can see all types of pool covers at his shop as you drive in to Chiclana ,from polanco a cross from the citreon garage on the left handside

poollounger Mar 7th 2006 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Hi PL, Rafiel can supply and fit a pool cover for you, did he not install your pool ,about 15 euros a square meter fitted,or you can get the floating type that you can do yourself,not recomended if pine trees close,you can see all types of pool covers at his shop as you drive in to Chiclana ,from polanco a cross from the citreon garage on the left handside

Thanks for the tip.....no he didn't build our pool.

CDL Ben Mar 7th 2006 8:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Carrefour are doing a deal at the moment for a hot and cold air-con unit, fully fitted (standard installation) for 299€ or thereabouts and cover all localities without extra charge. PM me if you want any info on pool covers and heating as there are certain things that need to be borne in mind before making a decision.

tomdenancy Mar 8th 2006 2:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Thanks for all the info - Anyone got anymore info on the pool heaters, as I'm not over there at the moment, I was hoping to call someone and get some idea of costs before I get to Spain...

**Preferable Electric Heaters**

Thanks,
Tom

Mitzyboy Mar 8th 2006 9:22 pm

Thanks for all the info - Anyone got anymore info on the pool heaters, as I'm not over there at the moment, I was hoping to call someone and get some idea of costs before I get to Spain...

**Preferable Electric Heaters**

Thanks,
Tom

Hows about this?
http://www.sunstrike.co.uk/

steve in pago Mar 9th 2006 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

or this

http://www.rudy-shop.com/buyheatingEN.html

Chiclanagir Mar 9th 2006 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger

How much were you quoted for solar panels for heating the pool?

poollounger Mar 10th 2006 10:42 am

Originally Posted by glynis
How much were you quoted for solar panels for heating the pool?

Glynis just had a look...the heater was in the list of extras at 'cost to be determined'. Found a manufacturers leaflet for a company called OKU that they probably use to provide the system. I see Qimipools van in Chiclana and indeed Pago quite often when I am there, get a free estimate. Their website is always under contruction. I used a local builder, as he showed me a pool he had built in Marquesado, and it was very good. Just heard that the tiling is finished. I know this varies with the weather but when do you get in the pool for the first time ?? when does it feel warmer than the sea ?? can't wait....