British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Pool Cleaning Business (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/pool-cleaning-business-351973/)

helenp Jan 31st 2006 11:32 am

Pool Cleaning Business

My husband and I are thinking of moving to Southern Spain and one of our ideas is to run a pool cleaning business any advice on this market etc?

jdr Jan 31st 2006 1:41 pm

Re: Pool Cleaning Business

Originally Posted by helenp
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Southern Spain and one of our ideas is to run a pool cleaning business any advice on this market etc?

I would think again, its a flooded market at least it is on C D S, nearly as many pool cleaners as barkeepers.

Mitzyboy Jan 31st 2006 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
I would think again, its a flooded market at least it is on C D S, nearly as many pool cleaners as barkeepers.

a flooded market ..... :D

jdr Jan 31st 2006 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
a flooded market ..... :D

No pun intended :cool:

Unexpat Jan 31st 2006 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
No pun intended :cool:

Pool your resources and see if you can clean-up elsewhere, but you may have filter your opportunities to chlor-ine the money :D *groan*

helenp Jan 31st 2006 6:58 pm

Thank you for the advice

Helenp :)

Poolguy Feb 2nd 2006 2:26 pm

Thank you for the advice

Helenp :)

Helen

I can offer you an alternative business (still the pool industry) in an area which isn't 'flooded'. More than that, there is really no serious competitors at all. If you are interested to learn more then PM me.

I have a couple of distributors now but I need a lot to cover Spain.

The product comes From Australia and deals with water quality.

Theres a good living if you do the work.

Andrew

cyffyn Oct 1st 2006 3:10 am

Have you and your husband had any experience in pool cleaning?

BIG JIM Oct 1st 2006 9:38 am

Pool cleaner/estate agent/builder/handyman/airport runs, in fact anything you think of will already be done a 1,000 times over by brits, many people are returning to u.k as not enough work.

Beachcomber Oct 1st 2006 11:08 am

This may be something of a Doomsday scenario but unless there is significant rainfall in southern Spain this winter it is quite possible that there will be no pools to clean next summer because it will become illegal to fill them or to keep them topped up.

jdr Oct 1st 2006 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This may be something of a Doomsday scenario but unless there is significant rainfall in southern Spain this winter it is quite possible that there will be no pools to clean next summer because it will become illegal to fill them or to keep them topped up.

Very unlikely though, this year was the worst drought levels ever, but I dont think there were any cuts, or was there ?
They should start the cuts on the golf courses first ;) ;)

BIG JIM Oct 1st 2006 11:23 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Very unlikely though, this year was the worst drought levels ever, but I dont think there were any cuts, or was there ?
They should start the cuts on the golf courses first ;) ;)

well kind of..... I play golf but I also understand the amount of water to keep the greens alive, My question would be do we need this many golf courses ?

jdr Oct 1st 2006 11:26 am

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
well kind of..... I play golf but I also understand the amount of water to keep the greens alive, My question would be do we need this many golf courses ?

People spent 900 million € on Golf in the Malaga area alone.
That is why there are soooo many built, and of course (no pun) they still own the land. :)

BIG JIM Oct 1st 2006 11:29 am

Originally Posted by jdr
People spent 900 million € on Golf in the Malaga area alone.
That is why there are soooo many built, and of course (no pun) they still own the land. :)

Thats very true, money must be more important than water !!
you do love a pun don't you jdr

paddy07 Oct 1st 2006 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by BIG JIM
Thats very true, money must be more important than water !!
you do love a pun don't you jdr

I think they should concrete all golf courses :beer: