Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Police Specials do NOTHING to save drowning child!

Police Specials do NOTHING to save drowning child!

Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:01 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Specials do NOTHING to save drowning child!

Police chiefs have defended two community support officers (PCSOs) who stood by as a 10-year-old boy drowned in a pond.

Jordon Lyon leapt into the water in Wigan, Greater Manchester, after his eight-year-old stepsister Bethany got into difficulties on 3 May.

Two anglers jumped in and saved Bethany but Jordon became submerged.

The inquest into his death heard the PCSOs did not rescue him as they were not trained to deal with the incident.

Details HERE!

What can you say? A child is drowning in front of them.....so they make a telephone call!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Specials do NOTHING to save drowning child!

Just read it myself - absolutely beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:32 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

They're not trained for it FFS!

Bet they're trained to arrest people for smoking in public areas or dropping litter though....anything that's revenue generating basically.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
They're not trained for it FFS!

Bet they're trained to arrest people for smoking in public areas or dropping litter though....anything that's revenue generating basically.
Sorry to muddy the waters with a few facts here, the PCSOs arrived at the lake after the girl had been recovered and the boy had been under the water for several minutes. No one could them an idea of where the child was - the water was black - and it's a disused quarry about the size of a football pitch. The inquest reported in all likelihood he was dead before they got there.
What would you suggest they could have done exactly?

I'm sure in any country other than England they would have drained the lake by nice thoughts and community spirit alone.

Oh no I'm wrong, they would have been beating seven shades out of foreign football fans/holiday makers/rioting students etc.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Sorry to muddy the waters with a few facts here, the PCSOs arrived at the lake after the girl had been recovered and the boy had been under the water for several minutes. No one could them an idea of where the child was - the water was black - and it's a disused quarry about the size of a football pitch. The inquest reported in all likelihood he was dead before they got there.

I'm sure in any country other than England they would have drained the lake by nice thoughts and community spirit alone.

Oh no I'm wrong, they would have been beating seven shades out of foreign football fans/holiday makers/rioting students etc.
Why don't you take your facts and truth somewhere else...........
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:45 pm
Mucho Macho

Sorry to muddy the waters with a few facts here

Firstly....can you give me the source for your "facts".

I would suggest they should have done what I would have....get in there! No ifs, buts, or excuses....just get in there.
Even if it was a thousand to one chance of saving the child....just get in there.
And before you say...."Oh yeh....I bet you would"....there's people on here who know my track record of throwing myself into canals and rivers for dogs....let alone children.
If these people want to ponce about in uniforms "pretending" to be coppers....they better have the testicular fortitude to back it up.
What they gonna say next...."Woman gettting mugged....girl getting raped....I'm not trained to deal with that".
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly....can you give me the source for your "facts".

I would suggest they should have done what I would have....get in there! No ifs, buts, or excuses....just get in there.
Even if it was a thousand to one chance of saving the child....just get in there.
And before you say...."Oh yeh....I bet you would"....there's people on here who know my track record of throwing myself into canals and rivers for dogs....let alone children.
If these people want to ponce about in uniforms "pretending" to be coppers....they better have the testicular fortitude to back it up.
What they gonna say next...."Woman gettting mugged....girl getting raped....I'm not trained to deal with that".
It actually happened about 4 or 5 months ago very local to where I live it was reported in some detail at the time in the local press and TV. At the time it wasn't reported anything like the way it is now, I seem to remember the parents were there as well??

In any case you can rest assured in this instance it is 99% ficticious shite designed to enrage the gullible and turn them against a group of people who are community spirited enough to put in the time in the first place - get over yourself and stop believing all that you read about how bad the UK is.

For example did you know 100% of middle aged bikers are dead through their own selfish recklessness? It's true I read it every Easter in the Mail.
Also all police chases end in a fatality, it costs £10,000,000 for the Queen to catch a train to Windsor, no divorced father pays a penny to the childs welfare, everyone who goes into hospital dies through neglect, infection, organ theft, every single mum is on £25,000 benefits - ITS ALL CRAP!!

Last edited by leighbloke; Sep 21st 2007 at 7:14 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:33 pm
Mucho Macho

get over yourself and stop believing all that you read about how bad the UK is.
Actually my view of the UK is based on prior accreditation....51 years of living there. Which is more than you!

And you still haven't been able to produce the sources for your contentions!

Time to get Googling my man!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually my view of the UK is based on prior accreditation....51 years of living there. Which is more than you!

And you still haven't been able to produce the sources for your contentions!

Time to get Googling my man!
Nor have you, backed up your leads either! I'd rather believe the local press at the time reporting what happened, than the sensationalist nationals stirring it.

Yep, you've put in more time than I - you must be happy with the state you left it in for us youngsters.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:51 pm
Mucho Macho

I don't think you can call the BBC link I posted earlier an example of tabloid journalism.

And on that link was this...

Paul Kelly, chairman of the Police Federation in Manchester, said PCSOs do not have the same level of training as police officers to deal with life-saving situations.

He said: "The message is clear and unambiguous - it's the government, they are trying to fool the public.

"They take a person and dress him up as a police officer but they just don't have the same powers.

"Every single police officer I trained with left training school with a life-saving certificate of some sort."

And he went on to say that it's quite likely that all these people walking round in Police Uniforms can't even swim. Unbelievable!

So all the villains know what to do now.....forget a getaway car...just take a bloody canoe and you're sorted!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Lets have a google war!!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't think you can call the BBC link I posted earlier an example of tabloid journalism.

And on that link was this...

Paul Kelly, chairman of the Police Federation in Manchester, said PCSOs do not have the same level of training as police officers to deal with life-saving situations.

He said: "The message is clear and unambiguous - it's the government, they are trying to fool the public.

"They take a person and dress him up as a police officer but they just don't have the same powers.

"Every single police officer I trained with left training school with a life-saving certificate of some sort."

And he went on to say that it's quite likely that all these people walking round in Police Uniforms can't even swim. Unbelievable!

So all the villains know what to do now.....forget a getaway car...just take a bloody canoe and you're sorted!
The BBC are no longer the voice of reason of old, in fact if your reading their website check out the similarity with the write up on the papers sites - often picked from the same sources.
Right, so the local bossman of the plods union says his members are better than his non members MAHOOSIVE surprise there - oh no thats what he's paid to say - Sorry!!
How many of his trained colleagues have brought a really dead person back to life?? errrr?? was that Jesus bloke a plod? that'll be a no then.
WTF is a lifesaving certificate of some sort?? it's either a life saving certificate of the lifesaving sort or a scrap of paper??
It's also quite likely they can swim - in fact it's almost a certainty!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
Mucho Macho

Bottom line....irrespective of who wrote the report.....a child drowned and they didn't even get their feet wet.

What can we learn from this?
Well.......if you're at the cashpoint at midnight (again) and you feel the prescence of chavs, hoodies, yardies, crackheads, smackheads, slapheads....or even dickheads, around you.....and out of the corner of your eye you see two Special Constables approaching....don't raise your hopes!
Cos the asskicking of a lifetime is still on the agenda!
Britain! Love it or Leave it! And I left it....thank god!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bottom line....irrespective of who wrote the report.....a child drowned and they didn't even get their feet wet.

What can we learn from this?
Well.......if you're at the cashpoint at midnight (again) and you feel the prescence of chavs, hoodies, yardies, crackheads, smackheads, slapheads....or even dickheads, around you.....and out of the corner of your eye you see two Special Constables approaching....don't raise your hopes!
Cos the asskicking of a lifetime is still on the agenda!
Britain! Love it or Leave it! And I left it....thank god!
No what we can learn is, that two people who give up their time to provide just what most people want - a police presence on the streets are being pilloried, for having the intelligence not to jump into a lake in which there was no sign of a body - say they'd jumped in and were splashing about as the boy surfaced some distance away - and because of their poor perspective they missed his surfacing?
You have a jaundiced view of everything UK it seems.
I have NEVER seen any violence on the streets, I know no-body who has been mugged at a cashpoint or anywhere else - except one person who's family was robbed at knifepoint in their hotel room in Spain - Spanish plod - took them all in overnight - not a drink, a kiss my arse or a lift home in the morning - On his crime report it was classed as a room theft - and he had to try to prove he'd taken "reasonable means" to secure his belonging to his insurance company. Did they catch the culprits? No they did a couple of rooms a night in the resort - letting themselves in with a key each time, as the occupants slept.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:10 pm
Mucho Macho

I have NEVER seen any violence on the streets, I know no-body who has been mugged at a cashpoint or anywhere else
So you haven't been outside the house since England's 1966 World Cup triumph then?
You're Howard Hughes you are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.