Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

police contact in an emergency?

police contact in an emergency?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default police contact in an emergency?

Can anyone give me a number to contact the police in case of an emergency? Driving from Santander to Hondon on Sunday, heard so much about robberies etc just want to be prepared!

thanks in advance
Linda
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:28 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police contact in an emergency?

Good God, it´s 112
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jur
Good God, it´s 112
Thanks for that - why "good god"? Might be a silly question for those living there, but I wouldn't have asked the question if I knew!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:19 am
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

No it is not a daft question!

You can also use 112 at home as it is the European emergency number.

I ve been told that the advantage of the 112 number over our 999 number is that on a mobile phone the 112 gives the operator you GPS position also. (I don't know if this is true, as thankfully I have never had to use it).

Have a safe and enjoyable journey.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lic

I ve been told that the advantage of the 112 number over our 999 number is that on a mobile phone the 112 gives the operator you GPS position also. (I don't know if this is true, as thankfully I have never had to use it).

Thanks for that Lic, I didn't know (as I'm sure many didn't) that we can use 112 here as well.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Thanks for that Lic, I didn't know (as I'm sure many didn't) that we can use 112 here as well.
As far as I know you can use 911 in the UK as well.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:35 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lic

Yes it does
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:47 am
Jur

Thanks for that - why "good god"? Might be a silly question for those living there, but I wouldn't have asked the question if I knew!!
Is it your first time going to Spain?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
Is it your first time going to Spain?
No actually, just never had cause to contact the police
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No actually, just never had cause to contact the police
English speaking police in Spain...... 902102112
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
English speaking police in Spain...... 902102112
Thanks JDR - just what I needed
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

But bear in mind that this number is for making a report or complaint (assuming you ever get a reply) which you then have to go to the police station to sign. It is not for emergencies. 112 operaters speak all European languages.

Some information about 112 here:

http://www.sos112.info/

and here:

http://ec.europa.eu/information_soci...2/index_en.htm

Last edited by Beachcomber; Apr 20th 2009 at 2:01 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:32 pm
Jur

What´s the country code for 112 ?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As far as I know you can use 911 in the UK as well.
if my memory serves me correctly, that is because they did a survey a couple of years ago and most english youngsters knew that number from tv shows etc and thought it was the international number to call... cant say if that is true or not, just something i seem to remember.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

emsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to allemsr2d2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jur
What´s the country code for 112 ?
I'm sure someone else may correct me, but if you've got a Spanish SIM card in your phone, then you just dial 112. I believe the number given earlier (the longer one, starting with a 9) would be the one needed from an international phone, and the country code for Spain is 00 34.
This link might be handy for anyone travelling anywhere!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_telephone_number

Last edited by emsr2d2; Apr 20th 2009 at 3:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.