Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Police certificate - subject access request

Police certificate - subject access request

Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

jovetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police certificate - subject access request

I'm holding an Indonesian passport but I currently live in the UK. I'm going to Spain on March to study but due to my non-EU nationality I have to apply for a student visa prior my departure. One of required documents is a police certificate. I was told that a subject access request is what I need which costs £10 and takes up to 40 days.

Does anybody ever experience applying subject access request, particularly from Manchester? Does it really take 40 days? I don't have that much of time and desperately need to get it done much quicker than 40 days

I would really appreciate some help or advice
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police certificate - subject access request

Originally Posted by jovetta
I'm holding an Indonesian passport but I currently live in the UK. I'm going to Spain on March to study but due to my non-EU nationality I have to apply for a student visa prior my departure. One of required documents is a police certificate. I was told that a subject access request is what I need which costs £10 and takes up to 40 days.

Does anybody ever experience applying subject access request, particularly from Manchester? Does it really take 40 days? I don't have that much of time and desperately need to get it done much quicker than 40 days

I would really appreciate some help or advice
I don`t think we would know the answer as we are all British Expats and don`t need visas to move about in Europe.
If you need one then get the application in quick, 40 days maybe the maximum.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Had to get one for my son when he went abroad took about a week in Dorset. Suggest if time is of the essence you do it now and explain the situation to the guy behind the counter in the Police Station. They are usually quite helpful.

Jim
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters took 2 months!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

jovetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of your answers, I really appreciate it. I've submitted it last Monday and finger crossed I will get it in less than 40 days May I know from which police station your daughter applied for, Mitzyboy?