Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Police Certificate

Police Certificate

Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Certificate

I am after a police certificate from Spain. Currently residing in the UK but lived in Barcelona for 6/7 months in 2009 as part of a uni work placement. So have a certificate of non residents...NIE I think?

I'm going to be applying for an IEC visa for Canada and need a police certificate from Spain. I've seen the 790 form on the Justicia website and there is an English version of the form.

As I understand it I need to fill the form in and send to the main office in Madrid along with confirmation of the €3 or so being paid. I have friends still in Spain but none are solicitors etc so I don't know how to get it authorised. I also don't know how to prove I've paid the €3 too?

Can anyone guide me as to what I need exactly to do or have any tips when getting a certificate from the UK?

Is it best to send the Spanish version of the form rather than the English? How can I get it authorised?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificate

Have you tried here? All the info you need, in English, including how to pay from abroad.

http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satel...0/Detalle.html
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Leaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond reputeLeaf25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
Have you tried here? All the info you need, in English, including how to pay from abroad.

http://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satel...0/Detalle.html
Ye and I think I understand it. Just not sure how I authenticate my copy of my passport and prove that I've sent the money, unless I go into a bank in the UK and do it over the counter?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 10:25 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leaf25
Ye and I think I understand it. Just not sure how I authenticate my copy of my passport and prove that I've sent the money, unless I go into a bank in the UK and do it over the counter?
well that's all you do in Spain.
there are special account numbers for paying such payments, here you just walk in to the bank, give over the form with the money, they will stamp the form and you walk away

just remember to do it before 10.30 in the morning - banks don't usually accept these payments after that time.

the only ones I have found (so far) that take the money locally are the local town hall for car tax and Trafico for the initial registration of a matriculated vehicle and the ITV station for matriculation/annual tests

Last edited by Domino; Oct 31st 2013 at 10:28 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

OK so payment wise I'll look and see if my bank can do it from here in the UK and then that will sort the payment side of things out.

Don't know how I'm supposed to verify my passport with an authority when I'm not in Spain anymore??