Reload this Page >

Polaris Delveopment In Murcia

Polaris Delveopment In Murcia

Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:31 am
Just Joined

blondie32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Polaris Delveopment In Murcia

Polaris development in Murcia Spain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering have any of you bought property through this developer in Murcia in Spain or are you interested.
Hubbie currently has brochures......we never holdiay in spain for the past 10 years it has always been Gran Canaria but we have failed to find a suitable property to buy to use mainly as a holiday home in G.Canaria so he has now been told about polaris world and got the brochures for this development which he is adamant its a good investement and will make an nice holdiay home ....as ryanair are flying from Snn to Murcia now......however I a more sceptical as we have never been in spain on holidays ......know nothing about Murcia .......and from anything I have researched on the net it seems its just beign developed.........plus the fact he plays golf so for him its the icing on the cake but he has also to consider family......is it purely a resort for golfers or is there something here for everyone. Just wondering have any of you any advice or information on this ..........as he says i am always negative when he suggests something new......but i guess he is more ambitous than i and i would be more cautious. ........so please if any of you have bought in this area or from this developer I would love to hear from you.....
Thanks
BLONDIE
Old Sep 7th 2006, 2:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polaris Delveopment In Murcia

Originally Posted by blondie32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering have any of you bought property through this developer in Murcia in Spain or are you interested.
Hubbie currently has brochures......we never holdiay in spain for the past 10 years it has always been Gran Canaria but we have failed to find a suitable property to buy to use mainly as a holiday home in G.Canaria so he has now been told about polaris world and got the brochures for this development which he is adamant its a good investement and will make an nice holdiay home ....as ryanair are flying from Snn to Murcia now......however I a more sceptical as we have never been in spain on holidays ......know nothing about Murcia .......and from anything I have researched on the net it seems its just beign developed.........plus the fact he plays golf so for him its the icing on the cake but he has also to consider family......is it purely a resort for golfers or is there something here for everyone. Just wondering have any of you any advice or information on this ..........as he says i am always negative when he suggests something new......but i guess he is more ambitous than i and i would be more cautious. ........so please if any of you have bought in this area or from this developer I would love to hear from you.....
Thanks
BLONDIE
All I really know about Polaris World is that they run a lot of adverts over here, also use Jack Nicklaus for their adverts. Plenty of development in Murcia, especially round the Mar Menor, and it's a nice part of Spain, we stayed there when we came over here property hunting. Good air services to and from, and Ryanair can be very very cheap, but then again, don't expect frills. We did look in the area, but we are not golfers, and the level of development and high rise hotels on the Mar Menor was a bit off putting, also places can be quite expensive over there.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
BLONDIE
Hi,

We are purchasing in La Tercia, Murcia which is 20 mins inland from the Mar Menor. There are a number of developments being built around golf courses in Murcia. We are purchasing on a development which won't have a golf course but will have swimiming pools, bars, cafes etc. There is a development over the other side of the road which will have a golf course which is to be a public one. You could have the best of both worlds there to suit both you and your husband. I would suggest you go out there and have a look round at different developments, and the area before you make a decision on any one.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Polaris Delveopment In Murcia

Originally Posted by Val W
Hi,

We are purchasing in La Tercia, Murcia which is 20 mins inland from the Mar Menor. There are a number of developments being built around golf courses in Murcia. We are purchasing on a development which won't have a golf course but will have swimiming pools, bars, cafes etc. There is a development over the other side of the road which will have a golf course which is to be a public one. You could have the best of both worlds there to suit both you and your husband. I would suggest you go out there and have a look round at different developments, and the area before you make a decision on any one.
Loads of developments PLANNED, and off plan being sold in Murcia, however at the moment there is a big problem with water supply for the region, which is delaying the actual works,, I think it is important to ensure that any off plan purchase is supported by bank guarantee's(In writing). There have been a few sales off plan that have not developed or been delayed for years and people are having trouble getting their deposits back!!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Val W is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Loads of developments PLANNED, and off plan being sold in Murcia, however at the moment there is a big problem with water supply for the region, which is delaying the actual works,, I think it is important to ensure that any off plan purchase is supported by bank guarantee's(In writing). There have been a few sales off plan that have not developed or been delayed for years and people are having trouble getting their deposits back!!

Thanks for the advice. We have got our bank guarantee for our development, and building has started. We have been informed our completion date is on time at present for September 2007.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Elina is an unknown quantity at this point

We're currently renting in Mar Menor Golf Resort. Were looking to buy with Polaris, too, but have decided to go for something different. However, I think Polaris has solved the water dilemma by investing in a system of their own, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Just wanted to say that our experience here has been very positive, but we are not owners. We're a family of four, none of us play golf yet there are other things to do in the area. Lots of families with young children here, some residents, others only here on holidays. I was expecting to find mostly retired people, yet that isn't the case at all.

Good luck with your decision. You should come and visit the region to see for yourselves.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Hi Blondie
I did buy in Polaris World bu then cancelled when I did all the sums. Basically, as a pure financial investment, it does not stack up (just like many other places in Spain). As a holiday home, then you pays your money and takes your choice.

Personally, I find Murcia generally quite depressing as it just seems to be lots of building and lots of fields covered in plastic. La Manga club is nice but expensive, La Manga strip is awful.

Do no believe any bull from agents about capital growth or rental. You will not cover any mortgage with rentals, too many people trying to chase too few renters. You can buy a resale cheaper than the PW list prices.

Finally, to get some mixed opinions on PW, check out this forum
http://spanish-properties-forums.com...rum.asp?mid=54

You are right to be negative, treat everything the agents tell you with a huge dose of salt.

Regards
Kevin

Thanks
BLONDIE
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by kpw4v
Hi Blondie
I did buy in Polaris World bu then cancelled when I did all the sums. Basically, as a pure financial investment, it does not stack up (just like many other places in Spain). As a holiday home, then you pays your money and takes your choice.

Personally, I find Murcia generally quite depressing as it just seems to be lots of building and lots of fields covered in plastic. La Manga club is nice but expensive, La Manga strip is awful.
[snip]
I'd have to agree. Polaris World make an awful lot of money out of selling over-priced properties to people seeking all-year golf and ex-pat communities. That profit comes out of your pocket. Very poor value when you compare with alternatives elsewhere, but then if that's your thing and that is what you want, then I guess they deliver it. As noted, you pay your money and make your choice.

With respect to Murcia, if all you have seen is plastic-covered fields, then you've really seen very little of Murcia. I've seen this comment many times and couldn't disagree more
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Originally Posted by Unexpat
I'd have to agree. Polaris World make an awful lot of money out of selling over-priced properties to people seeking all-year golf and ex-pat communities. That profit comes out of your pocket. Very poor value when you compare with alternatives elsewhere, but then if that's your thing and that is what you want, then I guess they deliver it. As noted, you pay your money and make your choice.

With respect to Murcia, if all you have seen is plastic-covered fields, then you've really seen very little of Murcia. I've seen this comment many times and couldn't disagree more
Well perhaps it was a sweeping generalisation about the plastic covered fields, but there sure are a lot of them.
Kevin
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Well perhaps it was a sweeping generalisation about the plastic covered fields, but there sure are a lot of them.
Kevin
Largely on or near the coast between La Manga del Mar Menor and on and into Almeria. Yes, there are a lot there, but I've not come across that many elsewhere in the province.

Of course, it doesn't help that you land at San Javier and they are there right in front of your face
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Largely on or near the coast between La Manga del Mar Menor and on and into Almeria. Yes, there are a lot there, but I've not come across that many elsewhere in the province.

Of course, it doesn't help that you land at San Javier and they are there right in front of your face
Or the fact that they seem to surround Polaris World La Torre
Kevin
Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Or the fact that they seem to surround Polaris World La Torre
Kevin
I agree with the general view of the coastal belt is a bit boring and uninspiring but half an hour away to Murcia and beyond is some of the most outstanding scenery in southern Spain, the sierra espuna national park, the ricote valley and seirra, Blanca with its palm lined river promenades. Beach wise i think the best are found towards Aquilas, very quiet with white sand and clear seas if thats what you like, although you could go the other way out of Murcia to Benidorm (Blackpool with Sun) although not for me. The trouble with Polaris and other golf resorts is they are artificial and their surroundings man made, but if thats what floats your boat i suppose the drive there and the surrounding don't matter so much. The expat thing or being close to other Brits also matters to some so everybody is different in what they want, also it leaves those areas of 'real Spain' to those who want to embrace them, and truly integrate in to the Spanish life and system.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulLes
I agree with the general view of the coastal belt is a bit boring ...
[snip]
·nod·
I think that says it all nicely.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

·nod·
I think that says it all nicely.
But to be honest, most people want to buy in the coastal belt of whatever Costa. As coastal belts go in my limited experience, Costa Calida is the pits.

Kevin
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Totally disagee with you there in my oipinion costa calida is the next up and coming area lots of new golf courses being built and new international airport watch this space costa callida will be the place to be!