Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PLZ HELP: do you use online banking to transfer from spain bank to uk? Mistakes!!!

PLZ HELP: do you use online banking to transfer from spain bank to uk? Mistakes!!!

Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

diane26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLZ HELP: do you use online banking to transfer from spain bank to uk? Mistakes!!!

Hello Everybody

I bank with solbank in spain and recently tried to do my 1st international transfer to my nationwide account... it went through but bounced back. I had the wrong IBan & swift but have these now.

What I need to know now is: after I have put most detail in it asks for name and address, I know this is stupid but is this mine or my banks. Last time I put mine.... Im almost certain they want my banks???

I dont want to attempt another online transfer and get charged for it to bounce back.

Thanks for any help

Diane
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLZ HELP: do you use online banking to transfer from spain bank to uk? Mistakes!!

Originally Posted by diane26
Hello Everybody

I bank with solbank in spain and recently tried to do my 1st international transfer to my nationwide account... it went through but bounced back. I had the wrong IBan & swift but have these now.

What I need to know now is: after I have put most detail in it asks for name and address, I know this is stupid but is this mine or my banks. Last time I put mine.... Im almost certain they want my banks???

I dont want to attempt another online transfer and get charged for it to bounce back.

Thanks for any help

Diane
I bank with SOL Bank
I dont think your address is relevant when doing an online transfer with them. They need to know the full bank details dont they, i.e. IBAN and address. SOL Bank dont charge for doing online transfers generally though
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: PLZ HELP: do you use online banking to transfer from spain bank to uk? Mistakes!!

Hi and tnx,

I think the charge was because it was an international transfer ...

Still, i'll try again !

Diane
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and tnx,

Still, i'll try again !

Diane
I make international transfers all the time. They dont charge me. Unless you are sending from a € account to a £ account of course, and then they will probably charge you commission
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Yes, it was euro to gbp. The charge did state commission too, this is why I want to ensure it is right next time (;>
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mookster will become famous soon enough

Hello Everybody

Thanks for any help

Diane
Hi Diane
Yes it is the banks details they want, you are already logged into the online account at that point so they dont need any more of your personal details, just the banks address, IBAN and swift code along with the sorting code and account number.
I transfer to and from the UK and USA regularly with no problems.

Hope that helps you
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Phil Swift is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and tnx,

Still, i'll try again !

Diane
Hi Diane, can you tell me what you got charged? I heard somewhere you can open a sterling account with SolBank thus avoiding the charges if it sterling to sterling. Phil
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

We also bank with Solbank and have both € and GBP account - as has been said they do not charge for transfering from € to € or Sterling to Sterling - they do charge a commission for going between € to GBP but if you contact the bank you can sometimes get this refunded - i can't remember the exact cost but it was not a huge amount - we also negotiated a flat fee for depositing cheques
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:02 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Tolly
We also bank with Solbank and have both € and GBP account - as has been said they do not charge for transfering from € to € or Sterling to Sterling - they do charge a commission for going between € to GBP but if you contact the bank you can sometimes get this refunded - i can't remember the exact cost but it was not a huge amount - we also negotiated a flat fee for depositing cheques
Thats exactly right