Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Please don't shoot the messenger

Please don't shoot the messenger

Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Abyss-Rover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please don't shoot the messenger

After watching the following video, I was wondering what the opinions would be, on here.

http://youtu.be/96j0A7IXQKo
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:56 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please don't shoot the messenger

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover
After watching the following video, I was wondering what the opinions would be, on here.

Why dont you open then, as you took the time to find it?
Old Apr 21st 2012, 7:58 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't surprise anyone.

Not uncommon that when someone says anything that's contrary to the populist view (or whatever people want to believe or want you to believe), they're assumed to be some sort of nutter.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:09 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well he has been proved correct hasn't he. I think I may vote UKIP next time. Europe has turned out to be a big Ponzi scheme and it's still going on.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:43 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Every European country has a nutters party for the malcontent, especially in times of financial hardship. They usually trade on an anti-foreigner, national basis.

The only hope is that Europe, and the western world does not get another long-lasting depression as we had on the 20s and 30s, because a nasty man with a funny moustache will be back on the world stage. There's no doubt that he was a nutter, hardly any different to the UKIP leader, they even look alike.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover

He's a pillock
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:57 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

That's what the British media try to portray him as, because they know he tells it like it is. the truth. They like to keep the Lab/Con staus quo. UKIP got more votes than the lib-dems in the last poll so not everyone thinks he is a nutter. What reason makes you think he is one? Surely that video proves he was telling the truth when he said those things years ago. I probably won't get chance to cast my vote for them, even Labour didn't bother to field a candidate here...full of Tory landowners. Probably receiving fat handouts from Brussels
Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:57 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

From the bits I saw of this video (it was too boring to watch the whole thing), I would say that its all about whats going/gone wrong - no mention of how to put it right and for me thats more important for the future

Jo xxx
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That's what the British media try to portray him as, because they know he tells it like it is. the truth. They like to keep the Lab/Con staus quo. UKIP got more votes than the lib-dems in the last poll so not everyone thinks he is a nutter. What reason makes you think he is one? Surely that video proves he was telling the truth when he said those things years ago. I probably won't get chance to cast my vote for them, even Labour didn't bother to field a candidate here...full of Tory landowners. Probably receiving fat handouts from Brussels
Yes, but look who won, George Galloway, that poll was jsut a massive decision to vote for anyone EXCEPT the major parties, just to shake them up, had it been a general election then the result would have been much different.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
From the bits I saw of this video (it was too boring to watch the whole thing), I would say that its all about whats going/gone wrong - no mention of how to put it right and for me thats more important for the future

Jo xxx
If you look at the dates of some of the speeches he predicted 2 or 3 years ago what has actually happened. His solution (I think) is to pull out of the EU. The only solution for Greece, Spain etc. is to leave the euro, it will never work. To carry on will leave the countries in exactly the same place as they are now in 20 years time.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:23 am
Banned

Someone from the new Statesman was on BBC this week and he said UKIP cannot be dismissed this is the third poll where they have beat the Lib-dems.

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl...than_lib_dems_
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:25 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We do have a UKIP candidate in our Ward and I am seriously considering voting for him, although I don't agree with everything in UKIP's manifesto. I think a lot of what they say is common sense.

And I hate to say this, but Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of Blood' speech has been proved to be correct, hasn't it? It is from a different ethnic group to the ones he was talking about, but it has come to pas, with the suicide bombings et al. Unrestrained immigration to our tiny overcrowded island will only make things worse.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3...was-right.html

Last edited by scampicat; Apr 21st 2012 at 11:29 am.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:28 am
Banned

Yes, good point. I think that our great and good do not like the public thinking out of the box.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Abyss-Rover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLFS
Why dont you open then, as you took the time to find it?
Sorry, I don't talk politics in public.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:35 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes, but look who won, George Galloway, that poll was jsut a massive decision to vote for anyone EXCEPT the major parties, just to shake them up, had it been a general election then the result would have been much different.
Not sure you are correct. Thankfully, I don't live in his constituency and would not vote for him if I did but I think you will find he has a lot of support in the area. http://www.votegeorgegalloway.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.