Reload this Page >

Plastering in Espana

Plastering in Espana

Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:57 am
MrA
Forum Regular

MrA is on a distinguished road
Default Plastering in Espana

How easy is it to get work as a plasterer in spain?
Would i be allowed to go self employed straight away and will i be better off in an area where a lot of Brits have settled until i learn a bit of the language?
Cheers
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Gestoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plastering in Espana

Smooth plasterers in spain are called "Perliteros" and come under the Construction Agreement in Spain as a specilised trade.

With regards to going self employed. You will first need to acquire your NIE number. This is a fiscal registration number for Spain. I suggest you apply for your NIE number first before applying for the residencia card. The reason for this is that the NIE number printed on A4 may only take a few days, the card may take months.

You then need to register with your local tax office 'Hacienda' and Social Security office. In Spain you need to be aware that you register under your activity.

If you need more information PM me.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gestoria
Smooth plasterers in spain are called "Perliteros" and come under the Construction Agreement in Spain as a specilised trade.

With regards to going self employed. You will first need to acquire your NIE number. This is a fiscal registration number for Spain. I suggest you apply for your NIE number first before applying for the residencia card. The reason for this is that the NIE number printed on A4 may only take a few days, the card may take months.

You then need to register with your local tax office 'Hacienda' and Social Security office. In Spain you need to be aware that you register under your activity.

If you need more information PM me.

There aren't Residencia cards anymore. The new system issues a registration certificate from the 'Registro Central de Extranjeros'. Just an A4 piece of paper.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Gestoria is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry derek500 old habits die hard.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrA
How easy is it to get work as a plasterer in spain?
Would i be allowed to go self employed straight away and will i be better off in an area where a lot of Brits have settled until i learn a bit of the language?
Cheers
My advice would be to come over for a holiday and have a go doing a room with perlita, it is nothing like UK plastering. LOL
You may get work from Brits if you are along the coast, someone was advertising UK gypsum plaster etc near Alhaurin.
If you go self employed its very costly and you pay the dues whether you earn or not.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My advice would be to come over for a holiday and have a go doing a room with perlita, it is nothing like UK plastering. LOL
A whole room?? I'll give anyone who'se never used it before, two trowels full before they have a bucket shaped brick
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
A whole room?? I'll give anyone who'se never used it before, two trowels full before they have a bucket shaped brick
The secret is in the mixing and you have to get it on the wall within about 30 seconds, hence the sponge finish. lol,
Yeso is even worse but sticks like sh¿t to a blanket, they hold up suspended ceilings with it and a hank of hemp.
Did you see Nick Nowles`s plasterers when they went to Spain in DIY SOS. roflmao.....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
The secret is in the mixing and you have to get it on the wall within about 30 seconds, hence the sponge finish. lol,
Yeso is even worse but sticks like sh¿t to a blanket, they hold up suspended ceilings with it and a hank of hemp.
Did you see Nick Nowles`s plasterers when they went to Spain in DIY SOS. roflmao.....
Ok so the plaster is a nightmare so any ideas how we can sort out our bedroom seiling. The problem is that there are several bare patches where water came in and one that is much larger and shows the brick underneath. We think that the ceiling is an extremely thin layer of plaster but not sure really. Although we are having to do everything ourselves we are not really DIYers so any suggestions need to be fairly easy and very practical.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Ok so the plaster is a nightmare so any ideas how we can sort out our bedroom seiling. The problem is that there are several bare patches where water came in and one that is much larger and shows the brick underneath. We think that the ceiling is an extremely thin layer of plaster but not sure really. Although we are having to do everything ourselves we are not really DIYers so any suggestions need to be fairly easy and very practical.

Rosemary
I diy places like Aki, they sell bags of filla powder or tubs of ready mixed, its called aguaplast or something similar.
This stays ok for a long time and should be easy for you to use.
If you get the powder mix it in an old icecream container till it is like thick cream, then spread over the broken ceiling as smooth as you can, if it dries too much get a damp sponge and wipe over it, or you can sand it smooth after, but a gentle sponging will save a bit of work. ;-)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I diy places like Aki, they sell bags of filla powder or tubs of ready mixed, its called aguaplast or something similar.
This stays ok for a long time and should be easy for you to use.
If you get the powder mix it in an old icecream container till it is like thick cream, then spread over the broken ceiling as smooth as you can, if it dries too much get a damp sponge and wipe over it, or you can sand it smooth after, but a gentle sponging will save a bit of work. ;-)
Thanks for that we will follow your advice.

Just one thing is that single cream, double cream, Tesco´s extra thick double cream or clotted cream. If the answer is clotted cream then we need to know whether it is Cornish clotted cream or Devon clotted cream. If you answer the last part incorrectly you will have the wrath of Rosemary on your head.

Graham
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If you go self employed its very costly and you pay the dues whether you earn or not.
Hi jdr, not wanting to highjack the thread but what do you mean by this please? If I brought my (as yet to) business over to spain would I be on a non starter before i began please?
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Thanks for that we will follow your advice.

Just one thing is that single cream, double cream, Tesco´s extra thick double cream or clotted cream. If the answer is clotted cream then we need to know whether it is Cornish clotted cream or Devon clotted cream. If you answer the last part incorrectly you will have the wrath of Rosemary on your head.

Graham
Almost like cornish icecream ,-)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Almost like cornish icecream ,-)
Oh dear now I will have to buy an extra large freezer.

She says Cornish ice cream is fine but they don´t know how to make clotted cream.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Oh dear now I will have to buy an extra large freezer.

She says Cornish ice cream is fine but they don´t know how to make clotted cream.
I had a holiday in Newquay about 45 years ago and have never forgot how good the icecream was, pasties were yuk though.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I had a holiday in Newquay about 45 years ago and have never forgot how good the icecream was.
Lol, did this help you with plastering in spain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.