Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Planning Advice required for Spain ? Fences - Walls - Ponds .

Planning Advice required for Spain ? Fences - Walls - Ponds .

Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:41 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Planning Advice required for Spain ? Fences - Walls - Ponds .

Hi

Due to having to downsize in property to fulfil early retirement i would like to ask if any members have had experiences with planning matters ?

As my wife and i enjoy privacy whilst enjoying quality time in the Garden and swimming pool area , listening to such classics as "The New Seekers Greatest Hits" being played on the outside Speakers . And reading fine literature like " The History of the Peak District vol 2 " . Whilst enjoying a Real Ale each , both in our swimming attire .. Privacy is important to us !

With the properties we are considering purchasing having neighbours in very close proximity , wondered if its all legal to place in either wood fencing or maybe Stone or Bricks a 7`(foot) tall boundary to either side ??

Also being a keen fisherman , want to dig a hole and place as large as possible a pond or small lake in the Garden , then i can test differing baits out and generaly watch and observe if the Spanish fish differ from our Uk fish habits ? ie; Do they also have a midday Siesta ? Do they swim on the right hand side of the pond ? Do they prefer potatoe or paella etc, etc. ?

So would planning be required or is it like in the UK as long as not above a certain height ??
And i believe ponds-lakes are no permission req as long as no more than 15% total land volume..Is this the same ..

Your technical responses eagerly awaitted ,
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning Advice required for Spain ? Fences - Walls - Ponds .

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi

Due to having to downsize in property to fulfil early retirement i would like to ask if any members have had experiences with planning matters ?

As my wife and i enjoy privacy whilst enjoying quality time in the Garden and swimming pool area , listening to such classics as "The New Seekers Greatest Hits" being played on the outside Speakers . And reading fine literature like " The History of the Peak District vol 2 " . Whilst enjoying a Real Ale each , both in our swimming attire .. Privacy is important to us !

With the properties we are considering purchasing having neighbours in very close proximity , wondered if its all legal to place in either wood fencing or maybe Stone or Bricks a 7`(foot) tall boundary to either side ??

Also being a keen fisherman , want to dig a hole and place as large as possible a pond or small lake in the Garden , then i can test differing baits out and generaly watch and observe if the Spanish fish differ from our Uk fish habits ? ie; Do they also have a midday Siesta ? Do they swim on the right hand side of the pond ? Do they prefer potatoe or paella etc, etc. ?

So would planning be required or is it like in the UK as long as not above a certain height ??
And i believe ponds-lakes are no permission req as long as no more than 15% total land volume..Is this the same ..

Your technical responses eagerly awaitted ,
You need a licence for everything in Spain, even playing new seekers music, I think you even need to be certified to listen to that. lol
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:56 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

you need a licence as jdr said for everything.
We raised a wall about a foot because next door wanted it higher so we couldnt see into their house as if we wanted to ......and that licences was 4 euros 20 cents.
We had licences to do everything .......... we were told the other day someone wanted one to tile there bathroom ...................
But then we have noticed something the local council closes at 2 and a lot of skips get delivered at 2.10 and a moved before 6
I wonder what they know that we didnt
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:20 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4434675]Hi

Hi Big Pete, we had a new lady moved in next door to us about a year ago and she had a wall built between the two properties she was not happy with the wire fence. Our property is about 3 feet lower than hers so on her side of the wall it is about 7 feet high but on our side it is a good 10 feet. I love it as we now have that much longed for privacy for enjoying the garden and pool whilst listening to The New Seekers who I happen to thing are fabdazzadoozzy, but also Peter and Gordon, Edison Lighthouse and the Ivy League. This maybe too much info for you, but we can often be found frolicking in the pool in the early hours of the morning minus our swimming attire do you thing we need a licence for that!!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:22 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=crispygirl;4435111]
Hi

Hi Big Pete, we had a new lady moved in next door to us about a year ago and she had a wall built between the two properties she was not happy with the wire fence. Our property is about 3 feet lower than hers so on her side of the wall it is about 7 feet high but on our side it is a good 10 feet. I love it as we now have that much longed for privacy for enjoying the garden and pool whilst listening to The New Seekers who I happen to thing are fabdazzadoozzy, but also Peter and Gordon, Edison Lighthouse and the Ivy League. This maybe too much info for you, but we can often be found frolicking in the pool in the early hours of the morning minus our swimming attire do you thing we need a licence for that!!
Good choices in music..

And good on ya girl , Thats what i am hoping to achieve early hours skinny dipping , your my sort of woman crispy

So seems as long as i get a licence i will be alright ?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:46 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4438981]
Originally Posted by crispygirl

Good choices in music..

And good on ya girl , Thats what i am hoping to achieve early hours skinny dipping , your my sort of woman crispy

So seems as long as i get a licence i will be alright ?
After the license is issued by the Town Hall, it must be signed in triplicate by all neighbours within a 20 mile radius! *lmbo*
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:48 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=MnM;4439097]
After the license is issued by the Town Hall, it must be signed in triplicate by all neighbours within a 20 mile radius! *lmbo*
Nah your winding me up surely ?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:57 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4439101]
Originally Posted by MnM

Nah your winding me up surely ?
...k.....I admit I've fibbed a little bit! The form only needs to be signed in duplicate and only from neighbours within a 10 mile radius
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:05 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=MnM;4439138]
...k.....I admit I've fibbed a little bit! The form only needs to be signed in duplicate and only from neighbours within a 10 mile radius
Your still winding me up ? Your a winder aint ya
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:09 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You need a licence for everything in Spain, even playing new seekers music, I think you even need to be certified to listen to that. lol

If you think it's bad there you'd love it here where you literally need a license for anything..
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:12 pm
MnM

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4439169]
Originally Posted by MnM

Your still winding me up ? Your a winder aint ya
I will not confess to anything until I have been read my rights and my solicitor is present
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by anabella
If you think it's bad there you'd love it here where you literally need a license for anything..
Maybe but bet you dont have to walk 10 sq miles ??