British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   A place in the Sun TV Programmes etc (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/place-sun-tv-programmes-etc-351373/)

pwwm Jan 28th 2006 12:44 pm

A place in the Sun TV Programmes etc

Hi All

Dont you just love these programmes, always sunny, never cloudy etc etc, come Winter or Summer only slight drop in temperature, so where is all this ruddy rain coming from that we have had on and off for days then, and we are in so Called Costa Tropical that has a so called tropical climate etc.
Oh well fires are on, wood fire is burning nicely , windows shut, lunch indoors, I could go on but.....................

:cool:

Mitzyboy Jan 28th 2006 4:09 pm

Re: A place in the Sun TV Programmes etc

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi All

Dont you just love these programmes, always sunny, never cloudy etc etc, come Winter or Summer only slight drop in temperature, so where is all this ruddy rain coming from that we have had on and off for days then, and we are in so Called Costa Tropical that has a so called tropical climate etc.
Oh well fires are on, wood fire is burning nicely , windows shut, lunch indoors, I could go on but.....................

Please don't go on. I just played a round of Golf in the UK telling my partner how much warmer it would have been in Spain had we gone there for a long weekend. Now you've shattered my illusions

jdr Jan 28th 2006 4:37 pm

Hi All

Same along the coast a bit, rain for two days and cold as a well diggers R`s :(

Sparkle2nite Jan 28th 2006 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Same along the coast a bit, rain for two days and cold as a well diggers R`s :(

Yep, cold and wet in Nerja too.....and what a thunderstorm last night. Don't mind rain now and again but can't stand this damp feeling......still, sunny days to look forward to.

BritBull Jan 28th 2006 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Yep, cold and wet in Nerja too.....and what a thunderstorm last night. Don't mind rain now and again but can't stand this damp feeling......still, sunny days to look forward to.

Damp....you aint kidding!
Our dehumidifiers are running overtime.

pwwm Jan 29th 2006 7:37 am

Nice clear night, took the dog out at 7am, dry and cool, 30 mins later we have snow.
Stay playing golf in UK mitzyboy, for the time being at least,
brrrrrr :eek:

Mitzyboy Jan 29th 2006 8:10 am

Nice clear night, took the dog out at 7am, dry and cool, 30 mins later we have snow.
Stay playing golf in UK mitzyboy, for the time being at least,
brrrrrr :eek:

Not so sure about that ... it is so cold here this morning, everything is completely white. I'd sacrifice the weather you have there at the moment just NOT to be in the UK right now :-)

Hey ....... we've turned this onto a weather thread .... sorry about that :-)

lynnxa Jan 29th 2006 8:17 am

we had heavy rain for pretty much two days solid.........

now this morning it's dry, bright, sunny & warm out of the shade :)

pwwm Jan 29th 2006 2:39 pm

Snow gone, heating off, wonderful sunshine again, sitting here with the sun coming through the window, with a view over the mountain, bliss, deep sighhhh :)

Chiclanagir Jan 29th 2006 3:16 pm

A few weeks ago I was told we would have a heatwave in five weeks! However I can't remember when I was told that.......anyone got any info.

Fed up with BBC world weather, they keep getting it wrong!

Sparkle2nite Jan 29th 2006 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
A few weeks ago I was told we would have a heatwave in five weeks! However I can't remember when I was told that.......anyone got any info.

Fed up with BBC world weather, they keep getting it wrong!

that would be nice! Our first visitors are coming in 4 weeks time and it would be nice to be warm and sunny for them.....and us too. Been here since November and can't believe how cold I feel sometimes!!!! Lovely view of the mountains today though, covered in snow.