Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which place has friendly people?

Which place has friendly people?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which place has friendly people?

Originally Posted by livit
My head`s hurt`s.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:24 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Veleta
Sorry Cleri, but like I say before, I cannot claim to be the author of those words....it is just how a lot of Spain views Portugal.
I`ve meet a few Spaniard`s who believe Spain is the arse of the world, Portugal being the said arse`s pile`s.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:25 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Cleri, but like I said before, I cannot claim to be the author of those words....it is just how a lot of Spain views Portugal.
I'm pleased you amended SAY to SAID before I could highlight it
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Now why bother going into guesswork? What is the probability of you actually being right versus making a complete fool out of yourself?

I do not own a property on Costa Esuri, nor do I like anywhere that has urbis full of Brits (and yes, that includes Benalmadena). By the way I visited CE a couple of years back so my opinion is an informed one.

Never been stung by a solicitor as Spanish OH prohibits me from using them.
See you are making the same mistake as a lot of the yuppies on Esuri made about Benalmadena.
Come and visit my little white Spainish village sometime. ;-))
Attached Thumbnails Which place has friendly people?-benalpueblo03.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by livit
I`ve meet a few Spaniard`s who believe Spain is the arse of the world, Portugal being the said arse`s pile`s.
Actually I think you are right. I forget how the saying goes exactly.....something along the lines of if Europe is a dog, then Spain is the dog's tail. Portugal is the pile of crap that gets left behind.

Again, Cleri, not my words.....just trying to remember how the saying goes!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
See you are making the same mistake as a lot of the yuppies on Esuri made about Benalmadena.
Come and visit my little white Spainish village sometime. ;-))
Beeeeen there, doooone that.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

So let's hope you don't have to pass Jur then.
I have never belittled anyone, unlike you.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Shame I wasn`t there to greet you. :-)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:32 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I think you are right. I forget how the saying goes exactly.....something along the lines of if Europe is a dog, then Spain is the dog's tail. Portugal is the pile of crap that gets left behind.

Are you trying to piss me off?
'cos it wont work

It seems pretty obvious from where I am sitting where all the crap is.....not my words obviously,just trying to remember the saying..
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and the Irish are stupid, the Scottish tight, the Germans invade people, the Japanese have slitty eyes, the Chinese walk funny, the Welsh bugger sheep, all Muslims are suicide bombers and ALL Americans are fat...............

Just because the Spanish say something about someone don't make it right, they insult Roma day in day out, but if you ask the VERY few people on this forum who have first hand experience of the Roma they will tell you a very different story of them................

Good to see you took your Daily Hate attitude to Spain with you, I bet the Spanish love you!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, this is by far the most telling thing you have typed yet on this thread...............
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, and the Irish are stupid, the Scottish tight, the Germans invade people, the Japanese have slitty eyes, the Chinese walk funny, the Welsh bugger sheep, all Muslims are suicide bombers and ALL Americans are fat...............

Just because the Spanish say something about someone don't make it right, they insult Roma day in day out, but if you ask the VERY few people on this forum who have first hand experience of the Roma they will tell you a very different story of them................

Good to see you took your Daily Hate attitude to Spain with you, I bet the Spanish love you!
They love me so much one decided to marry me.

I know not all sayings are true. Did I say that somewhere? It just so happens that I can see where the Spanish are coming from with their doggie analogy. You are entitled to think differently.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You know what, this is by far the most telling thing you have typed yet on this thread...............
Please do explain......I love it when people make assumptions about others.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:48 pm
Straw Man.

They love me so much one decided to marry me.

I know not all sayings are true. Did I say that somewhere? It just so happens that I can see where the Spanish are coming from with their doggie analogy. You are entitled to think differently.
Despite this, you used it not only to high light an opinion but also to back one up..................
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:49 pm
Straw Man.

Please do explain......I love it when people make assumptions about others.
I met people like you the length and breadth of Spain, in fact, as many know on here, its one of the central reasons why I left a country I absolutely loved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.