Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which place has friendly people?

Which place has friendly people?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which place has friendly people?

So Dr............... Portugal it is.....................
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:00 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

The good doctor left a long time ago, best of luck to him in Portugal.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Well, that's nice that you have such a high regard for JDR, and I don't deny that he has some useful contributions to make. But he has also been known, on occasions, to speak total bollox. (His "informed" opinions on the Costa Esuri thread - a place he has never been - spring to mind.) Just because he has been a valued contributor on some occasions does not prohibit us from expressing our opinions when his contributions are less than useful.
Now the truth raises it`s head....
You are probably one of the yuppies that bought there and got stung because they didn`t heed the advice of life in Spain a while ago, with their "oh no that could`nt happen here, my solicitor said so" attitude.
I don`t need to go there, I can imagine what it`s like there by the pictures and the crap posts about golf and British food and why is my parking space up the road not outside my house. Really enthralling stuff.

Originally Posted by Jur
Best post I´ve seen today, Karma to you.
And you are upset cos when I was a mod deleted a few of your advertising posts.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:04 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
...I need more popcorn..
PMSL
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Well, that's nice that you have such a high regard for JDR, and I don't deny that he has some useful contributions to make. But he has also been known, on occasions, to speak total bollox. (His "informed" opinions on the Costa Esuri thread - a place he has never been - spring to mind.) Just because he has been a valued contributor on some occasions does not prohibit us from expressing our opinions when his contributions are less than useful.
Here is another informed opinion, never belittle anybody in life, you never know when you may have to pass them again on the way down.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:05 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Le Chant
What's a 'douchebag'?
A Jur. ;-))
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:07 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

No,I´m upset because you have been an arse towards the buyers on Costa Esuri. I agree with Veleta. You have not been to the area and have no idea how things really are down here.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Jur
No,I´m upset because you have been an arse towards the buyers on Costa Esuri. I agree with Veleta. You have not been to the area and have no idea how things really are down here.
Read through this HERE, he gives a good desciption of Costa Esuri in here. ;-)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:17 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur
Bit like Veleta telling me I live in the 'rear end' of Europe then?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Now the truth raises it`s head....
You are probably one of the yuppies that bought there and got stung because they didn`t heed the advice of life in Spain a while ago, with their "oh no that could`nt happen here, my solicitor said so" attitude.
I don`t need to go there, I can imagine what it`s like there by the pictures and the crap posts about golf and British food and why is my parking space up the road not outside my house. Really enthralling stuff.
)
Now why bother going into guesswork? What is the probability of you actually being right versus making a complete fool out of yourself?

I do not own a property on Costa Esuri, nor do I like anywhere that has urbis full of Brits (and yes, that includes Benalmadena). By the way I visited CE a couple of years back so my opinion is an informed one.

Never been stung by a solicitor as Spanish OH prohibits me from using them.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Jur
When the thread first started they were given good advice from lots of people already in Spain and disregarded it in no uncertain terms.
Unfortunately for them a lot of the advice given has now turned to the truth.
Read back on the original thread parts then make your judgement, you are only a newbie and probably have not got the full monte.
I can`t be that bad cos the original poster asked me to close it as it had turned into a joke.

Last edited by jdr; Apr 27th 2009 at 5:29 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Here is another informed opinion, never belittle anybody in life, you never know when you may have to pass them again on the way down.
So let's hope you don't have to pass Jur then.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god this is fun!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cleri
Bit like Veleta telling me I live in the 'rear end' of Europe then?
Sorry Cleri, but like I said before, I cannot claim to be the author of those words....it is just how a lot of Spain views Portugal.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:22 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

My head`s hurt`s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.