Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which place has friendly people?

Which place has friendly people?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:52 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: Which place has friendly people?

Originally Posted by Le Chant

Who gives a flying fart what anyone's reasons for relocating are? They're as valid as the next persons, surely? Who're you (or I) to call anyone's choices into question?
Wise word`s.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:59 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about hijacking someone´s thread here!

Dr.George wanted to know where the friendly people are to be found, so can someone please direct him to where the smurfs live ?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:01 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur

[/URL]
I guess the answer is in the last few responses.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:09 pm
Jur

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
"They're as valid as the next person's (reasons)"

This is the possessive. Therefore an apostrophe is required regardless of whether the possessed item is mentioned or not.

Here, a little lesson for those of you who appear not to have completed your junior school education:

It is John's dog. (Possessive)
Whose dog is it?
It is John's. (Still the possessive, even though DOG is not mentioned in this sentence).

Those are Bill's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are Bill's.

They are as valid as the next person's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are the next person's.
Sorry, but I had written it grammatically correct, no need for an s on the end of person in the plural. ;-)

You are not the person that came on here a while ago with another name and had a go at the girl that was dyslexic because she made a mistake ?

We don`t really care how people spell to express their views as long as we can understand the outcome. ;-((
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:52 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

"They're as valid as the next person's (reasons)"

This is the possessive. Therefore an apostrophe is required regardless of whether the possessed item is mentioned or not.

Here, a little lesson for those of you who appear not to have completed your junior school education:

It is John's dog. (Possessive)
Whose dog is it?
It is John's. (Still the possessive, even though DOG is not mentioned in this sentence).

Those are Bill's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are Bill's.

They are as valid as the next person's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are the next person's.
I was obviously too busy at charm school,don't think you ever went there did you?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur

Dr.George wanted to know where the friendly people are to be found, so can someone please direct him to where the smurfs live ?
http://www.quizopolis.com/images/icons/smurf.jpg
It was answered in posts (is that with a comma or without ?) 4 and 54. ;-))
Attitude.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Sorry, but I had written it grammatically correct, no need for an s on the end of person in the plural. ;-)

You are not the person that came on here a while ago with another name and had a go at the girl that was dyslexic because she made a mistake ?

We don`t really care how people spell to express their views as long as we can understand the outcome. ;-((

JDR, what are you talking about??? "Person" is singular. Add 's if you want to refer to a POSSESSION of that person. The sentence in question was about the possession of a singular person. Go back and read my mini lesson again.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:01 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by jdr
It was answered in posts (is that with a comma or without ?) 4 and 54. ;-))
Attitude.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:28 pm
Banned

Have I come to the wrong site`s, again.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

JDR, what are you talking about??? "Person" is singular. Add 's if you want to refer to a POSSESSION of that person. The sentence in question was about the possession of a singular person. Go back and read my mini lesson again.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no.
How many persons are we talking about here ?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Now you know why no one likes you, cos of your attitude, twat.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:32 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
How many persons are we talking about here ?

Mulitple twats?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:45 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by jdr
Now you know why no one likes you, cos of your attitude, twat.
Who does not like me, jerk off
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Lets play a game, I have written a list of all the pricks in this thread, if you can guess what names I have written down I will reward you with karma and love for the rest of the year................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.