Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which place has friendly people?

Which place has friendly people?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which place has friendly people?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How can you say that about Portugal?

Ever been to the slums of Paris? Now you want terrifying thats a place that would scare the living god from your soul, its so bad, when the riots started there a couple of years ago the police took the decision to just let them get on with it!

Some parts of Spain are so bad that ever the Spanish are terrified of them, some areas of Italy are no go areas, and in Greece there are regular drive by shootings on the streets of Athens.
Excuse me, but who lives in marginal areas are people of gipsy ethnos (not all, but the majority). Here and in any country where this people is. Where is a terrible inequality is in Italy. Of Rome until the south is poverty. It is not the industry and the opulence of the north of the country
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
Excuse me, but who lives in marginal areas are people of gipsy ethnos (not all, but the majority). Here and in any country where this people is. Where is a terrible inequality is in Italy. Of Rome until the south is poverty. It is not the industry and the opulence of the north of the country
Yeah............. right.................. OK.................
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I go to a lot of Rastros here in Spain and it makes me so sad to see the poor people (I am certainly not rich nor poor) and what they try to sell on their pitches to make a crust.
It is bloody criminal the money rich people spend on crap stuff that they don`t even need while so many peoples are suffering.
Trouble is it has been like this since time began and unfortunately will never change.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:33 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I is veery friendly wiz zee Lay-Dees init.I love dat cleri in er bubbal
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:58 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Why do people want to move to a country they`ve never/hardly been too.

Thats just crazy.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:35 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
Why do people want to move to a country they`ve never/hardly been too.

Thats just crazy.
Guess they call it 'impulse'. Or 'freedom of choice'?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:07 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Guess they call it 'impulse'. Or 'freedom of choice'?
All great reason`s then.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:09 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
All great reason`s then.
Just so's you know for next time - there's no apostrophe in 'reasons'.

Who gives a flying fart what anyone's reasons for relocating are? They're as valid as the next persons, surely? Who're you (or I) to call anyone's choices into question?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:45 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reminded of the old fable.

An old man was sitting along a country road. A man on passing him asked "I'm moving onto the next village for work. Can you tell me if the people are friendly there?"
The old man replied "What were the people like in the last place you stayed?"
The traveller stated "they were really cold and unfriendly"
The old man replied "I'm afraid you'll find the people in the next village much the same"

Later another man looking for work passed the same old man on the same stretch of road. He also asked the old man "I'm moving onto the next village for work. Can you tell me if the people are friendly there?"
The old man again replied "What were the people like in the last place you stayed?"
The traveller stated "they were really friendly and hospitable"
The old man replied "I'm glad to say I think you'll find the people in the next village much the same"
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

An old man was sitting along a country road. A man on passing him asked "I'm moving onto the next village for work. Can you tell me if the people are friendly there?"
The old man replied "I'm afraid you'll find the people in the next village much the same"

Later another man looking for work passed the same old man on the same stretch of road. He also asked the old man "I'm moving onto the next village for work. Can you tell me if the people are friendly there?"
The old man again replied "What were the people like in the last place you stayed?"
The old man replied "I'm glad to say I think you'll find the people in the next village much the same"
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

Post 4, but longer ;-) ;-)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Just so's you know for next time - there's no apostrophe in 'reasons'.

Who gives a flying fart what anyone's reasons for relocating are? They're as valid as the next persons, surely? Who're you (or I) to call anyone's choices into question?
Just so you know for next time, "person's" has an apostrophe. jejeje.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Veleta
Nonono, the s should not be there, it should be "reason of the next person"

Lol and I was a cockney war kid. Innit.

As long as we kin understand it then no sweat.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:07 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veleta
No it doesn't
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Nonono, the s should not be there, it should be "reason of the next person"

Lol and I was a cockney war kid. Innit.

As long as we kin understand it then no sweat.
"They're as valid as the next person's (reasons)"

This is the possessive. Therefore an apostrophe is required regardless of whether the possessed item is mentioned or not.

Here, a little lesson for those of you who appear not to have completed your junior school education:

It is John's dog. (Possessive)
Whose dog is it?
It is John's. (Still the possessive, even though DOG is not mentioned in this sentence).

Those are Bill's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are Bill's.

They are as valid as the next person's reasons.
Whose reasons are they?
They are the next person's.

Last edited by Veleta; Apr 27th 2009 at 1:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.