British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Piles or Oliva Valencia? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/piles-oliva-valencia-910834/)

mrgavin Mar 24th 2018 11:33 pm

Piles or Oliva Valencia?

Hi there I am looking for a relatively cheap holiday home in either Oliva or Piles and wondered what the relative merits are of Piles as it is a lot cheaper but nearby and near the beach?

I would imagine from reading up it is a lot quieter and less action hence the cheaper prices, but am looking for advice

jonboy Mar 25th 2018 12:38 am

Re: Piles or Oliva Valencia?

Your post is not very clear as to what you want or expect from either of the areas mentioned. Perhaps it would help if you explained more?

Rosemary Mar 25th 2018 7:04 am

Originally Posted by mrgavin (Post 12469309)
Hi there I am looking for a relatively cheap holiday home in either Oliva or Piles and wondered what the relative merits are of Piles as it is a lot cheaper but nearby and near the beach?

I would imagine from reading up it is a lot quieter and less action hence the cheaper prices, but am looking for advice

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

HeikeundAlan Mar 25th 2018 11:49 am

Personaly Piles,
just like you say for the peace, but you will need a car or bike Miramar is nice too lovely sport center and pool for the wintermonth

mrgavin Mar 25th 2018 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jonboy (Post 12469333)
Your post is not very clear as to what you want or expect from either of the areas mentioned. Perhaps it would help if you explained more?

Looking for a cheap holiday home to discover the area then eventually platform into living there full time. I am hoping to become a full time expat but thought it would be good to start slowly and find the right area. I also think Pego

Requirements are:
a) Near beach
b) Good value
c) Clean and safe

Any advice would be great

Gavin

VEDShappy Mar 27th 2018 6:09 am

Have you visited the area?
If not, do you seriously expect to make your choice based on someone else's opinion?

Bad Leg Apr 2nd 2018 8:58 am

The various beach areas from Gandia down to Oliva are completely dead out of season. I have heard that Oliva has a problem with burglary. Worth checking out.

KieronF Apr 3rd 2018 10:43 am

I thought at first this was a medical question.

jonboy Apr 3rd 2018 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by KieronF (Post 12475004)
I thought at first this was a medical question.

It could well have been but he wouldn't be probed on the issue.

davidinspain Apr 4th 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jonboy (Post 12475273)
It could well have been but he wouldn't be probed on the issue.

Many years ago a UK estate agent listed all the properties there as being in Pilez:blink:

HeikeundAlan Apr 5th 2018 7:21 am

so remembered our first drive out, got to the sign and burst out laughing,

cermignano Apr 5th 2018 3:15 pm

Best to spend a bit of time in both. Let us know how it goes