Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

pick pockets targeting Mas y Mas (spain)

pick pockets targeting Mas y Mas (spain)

Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:05 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default pick pockets targeting Mas y Mas (spain)

My hubby had his pocket picked today in a local Mas y Mas supermarket. There has been a spate of handbag thefts & pockets picked in these supermarkets and their car parks in the past week or so.
Apparently there are gangs of Eastern European looking guys targeting Mas y Mas because they have NO CCTV!

Last edited by lynnxa; Aug 21st 2004 at 8:18 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:47 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pick pockets targeting Mas y Mas (spain)

Sorry to hear that.

I actually got robbed in the Cam Bank ATM lobby in Javea. The big one across the street from the old Mercadona. The bank was open at the time but they weren't the vaguest bit interested and didn't call the police as they said it happened too often.

I had four other robberies there including one with violence in my home. Each time the police told me it was either North Africans or Eastern Europeans. Well I got a look at all the banditos and they all looked Spanish or South American and the ones I heard speak were most definately speaking Spanish.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pick pockets targeting Mas y Mas (spain)

Originally Posted by sibsie
Sorry to hear that.

I actually got robbed in the Cam Bank ATM lobby in Javea. The big one across the street from the old Mercadona. The bank was open at the time but they weren't the vaguest bit interested and didn't call the police as they said it happened too often.

I had four other robberies there including one with violence in my home. Each time the police told me it was either North Africans or Eastern Europeans. Well I got a look at all the banditos and they all looked Spanish or South American and the ones I heard speak were most definately speaking Spanish.

Sorry about your bad luck on the robberies, but obviously word got round you was an easy touch, you should have kicked the shÇt out of the first ones.

I think Spanish is the second most learnt and spoken langauge, even Morrocans and Eastern Europeans can learn and speak it.

Also after people being in Spain a few years it is very difficult to guess their nationality even if they are wearing a Russian football shirt and have Boris tattooed on their forehead.