Picasso

Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:45 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picasso

Hope I'm allowed to post this here.

Here is my husband's latest article for the Moor Times, an online newspaper covering Las Alpujarras region of the Sierra Nevada (Granada province). It is quite funny so I thought forum members might like it (whether they agree with it or not!).Other articles are listed at the side of the page.

http://www.moortimes.com/pages/bobmaddox/conartist.html
Old Feb 28th 2011, 9:18 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picasso

I like it, a few chuckles there. Absolutely agree too. Will read some of the others another time.

Have seen comments before and most people are less than impressed with the gallery. 8 euro The National gallery in London is free and you could spend all day there! I often wonder why they don't charge a fiver to offset the costs.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:14 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Hope I'm allowed to post this here.

Here is my husband's latest article for the Moor Times, an online newspaper covering Las Alpujarras region of the Sierra Nevada (Granada province). It is quite funny so I thought forum members might like it (whether they agree with it or not!).Other articles are listed at the side of the page.

http://www.moortimes.com/pages/bobmaddox/conartist.html
What a great article, and as a Spaniard myself, with mixed views about Picasso, I have realised that my feeling about his works have been finally put down in black and white.....

But the best thing about it, was the humour that was all the way through, it make me laugh out loud.

Although I am no art buff myself, the art in our place is bought for if it matches with the sofa and such, this must be the first "art musem review" that I have read all the way through.

I think that it was because the writer was from Wolverhampton, coupled with a great knack of finding funny comparisons to descibe Picasso art.

I will read the other articles when I have a bit more time to savour them.

Double K is on the way.....
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:41 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind comments, especially JL, I have passed the Karma on to hubby, he is delighted!
Old Mar 1st 2011, 1:07 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

A brilliant article from a formidable writer. If it hasn’t happened already, such writing needs a much wider audience. The Writers and Artists Year Book, if not already known to the author, is a must.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:51 pm
Ex Expat

Thanks HBG, most encouraging, thanks for the comments.

We have the latest Writers' and Artists' yearbook. He is an artist too.