Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Photo driving license

Photo driving license

Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photo driving license

Is you photo driving license about to run out.. do you realise it has a valid till date on the front, it's 4b, doesn't say it's a validity date on the license, but will on the paper one I suspect. Just checked mine as there is a story on Yahoo..
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/12092008/36...icences-0.html
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo driving license

That is a friggin liberty!!! :curse:

Even though ............ mines valid to 2013
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey you're right!
Boy am I glad I held on to my paper one until last month!

I have said it once and I will say it again - they really are out to get you - the government I mean - highway robbery I say! lol

Now we have sold and moved of course I HAD to get another one. So now I am trapped to shell out for ever more until .........(meanders off into incoherent mumbles of rage)
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:23 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So I noticed you can change your address on line, but have to give a telephone number for security

Has anyone out of the UK done it that way with no hassle?? Clearly I need to get it up to date address wise
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzyboy,
I spent 6 weeks trying to update my driving licence online.

You need an "E" passport, one of the ones with an aerial in so they can scan it remotely (they say).
You also need Government Gateway "E" ID. Take a note at every stage of this as it seems impossible to retrieve any information if you miss a stage.
If you start online, they say you must finish online, but I don't think that is actually true.
It was a complete nightmare for me as I had been given a Government Gateway ID for something else a year or so back but had no record of it. I think if you start from scratch it is probably quite painless.
I eventually sorted it by going in to the Post Office and begging for help.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:14 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

you have to renew it because at the same time it updates your mug shot.and thats the law even in spain or you would have a photo maybe 50 years old.but its a bit mutch the prices they are charging.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:55 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Mitzyboy,
I spent 6 weeks trying to update my driving licence online.

You need an "E" passport, one of the ones with an aerial in so they can scan it remotely (they say).
You also need Government Gateway "E" ID. Take a note at every stage of this as it seems impossible to retrieve any information if you miss a stage.
If you start online, they say you must finish online, but I don't think that is actually true.
It was a complete nightmare for me as I had been given a Government Gateway ID for something else a year or so back but had no record of it. I think if you start from scratch it is probably quite painless.
I eventually sorted it by going in to the Post Office and begging for help.
So does anyone know how long it takes to do it by post?

I know you needed a gateway ID, but I didn't know about this E Passport thingy .... mine is only a year old so I guess it must be up to date
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They last for ten years, the expiry date is on the front.
They won`t change the address to a foreign one, only a UK one.
See Free Beer thread.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:28 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
See Free Beer thread.
Is there really free beer in this said thread?

I think not, and until there is I shall stay out of the thread!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

The E passport simply avoids the necessity of sending validated ID through the post. You dont have to have it just makes it easier. (Not in my case but i can make anyssytem break down at 50 paces) Thinking of changing my username to Ludd
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:56 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
They last for ten years, the expiry date is on the front.
They won`t change the address to a foreign one, only a UK one.
See Free Beer thread.
I have a UK address
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have a UK address
Is it where the second sandal lives?

Sorry, hijack.. sorry sorry but couldnt resist.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:27 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Is it where the second sandal lives?

Sorry, hijack.. sorry sorry but couldnt resist.
Naughty naughty Debsy!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Naughty naughty Debsy!
oh yeah! She gets a naughty naughty, I always get a proper telling off!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:59 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
oh yeah! She gets a naughty naughty, I always get a proper telling off!
Yes but you're a little tinker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.