Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Phantom phone call on latest Movistar bill

Phantom phone call on latest Movistar bill

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phantom phone call on latest Movistar bill

We have had land line and broadband in our Spanish house since July 2012. Never any problems. We are on a deal where we get free calls in Spain and cheap calls to the UK so the bill is always a constant €50.

This month, it came with one itemised phone call, 10 minute duration, cost €10. But the call was made when we weren't in Spain and no-one was in the house. The call was to this number: O/A62186556 Cableuropa, S.A.U 806455030.

Has anyone else ever had this kind of thing? I'll try calling Movistar when we are next over in Spain but I'm a bit worried that these phantom calls may continue.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phantom phone call on latest Movistar bill

If you havent already looked them up, would seem they are a cable and internet company

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...ivcapId=765663
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:43 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have pay per view services on your cable TV?
Perhaps you had someone enjoying your house when you were gone.. ordering pay films?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

JB80 is an unknown quantity at this point

The website they give on that listing is ono.
Not sure what to make of that.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Do you have pay per view services on your cable TV?
Perhaps you had someone enjoying your house when you were gone.. ordering pay films?
We don't have cable, it's vanilla land line and ADSL broadband. I need the phone and broadband to keep in touch with the office. We're not signed up to anything like Sky or internet films or similar.

The house is shut up and powered down when we leave so no-one has access. Unless one of the neighbours has tapped into the line!!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Is it worth trying to email Movistar from UK, you could write in English and use a translater as well?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

I've emailed Movistar but not holding out much hope. I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience and been able to resolve it. I'm desperately worried if someone has somehow hacked our service that we face astronomical bills.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:34 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
We don't have cable, it's vanilla land line and ADSL broadband. I need the phone and broadband to keep in touch with the office. We're not signed up to anything like Sky or internet films or similar.

The house is shut up and powered down when we leave so no-one has access. Unless one of the neighbours has tapped into the line!!
im lost who do you have your Line rental from
who do you have your ADSL from

if your getting a movistar bill then you must have you land line with them....??
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311

if your getting a movistar bill then you must have you land line with them....??
isn't that what he said??

he's only confused about one particular call....
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to have sown confusion. The phone line and ADSL are supplied by Movistar / Telefonica. The phone call I am questioning (and still no reply from Movistar) was made (supposedly) from our phone to a company called Cableuropa.

We're back over in a week's time so I'll ring the dreaded 1004 number then and see how I get one.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:38 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Just Google Cableuropa............The PCs and TVs of Spain are tuned into Cableuropa. The company is one of the country's largest integrated fixed-line and broadband services operators. Under the ONO brand, it provides about 4 million residential and 300,000 business customers with access to telecommunications services such as cable television and broadband Internet, as well as local telephony. Cableuropa also serves about 1 million customers in Portugal, primarily in the cities of Lisbon and Porto. The company is a subsidiary of Madrid-based Grupo Corporativo ONO.

Last edited by tommy.irene; Oct 6th 2013 at 9:40 am.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I've googled to find out who Cableuropa are. I've googled to see if anyone else has been charged for phonecalls from an empty house. I've posted on here to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience. I've emailed my phone provider to ask if they can shed any light on this mystery (no reply). But I'm no closer to understanding why I have been charged €10 for a call made while my house was locked and empty.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 11:03 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Yes, I've googled to find out who Cableuropa are. I've googled to see if anyone else has been charged for phonecalls from an empty house. I've posted on here to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience. I've emailed my phone provider to ask if they can shed any light on this mystery (no reply). But I'm no closer to understanding why I have been charged €10 for a call made while my house was locked and empty.

i ring Telefonica 10 times a day in my work .... email me (with your personal details cut out) the info regarding the ´´call´´ and ill look at it ....

the date of the ´´call ´´ dont mean it was that day but when you were billed for it ....
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

i ring Telefonica 10 times a day in my work .... email me (with your personal details cut out) the info regarding the ´´call´´ and ill look at it ....
That's a very kind offer and I may take you up if I can't sort it out myself. But if we are ever to make the transition from tourists to residents then I'll have to gird my scrawny loins and get used to dealing with stuff like this - in Spanish even!

Thanks again for the offer.