Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Perimetral house alarm

Perimetral house alarm

Old Feb 10th 2011, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perimetral house alarm

Hi, I am from the Italian forum, but thought I might get better advice here.
I already have a volumetric alarm in the house, but wanted to install a perimetral alarm with posts and photoelectric beam sensors.

I wonder if anyone has had this done and what make alarm did you use.
I am aware that an ideal external alarm does not exist, but some are better than others.

Isakat
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

benandkelly will become famous soon enoughbenandkelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Perimetral house alarm

Originally Posted by Isakat
Hi, I am from the Italian forum, but thought I might get better advice here.
I already have a volumetric alarm in the house, but wanted to install a perimetral alarm with posts and photoelectric beam sensors.

I wonder if anyone has had this done and what make alarm did you use.
I am aware that an ideal external alarm does not exist, but some are better than others.

Isakat
I would recommend Optex point to point beams or Takex (cheaper version).
These would need to be permanently powered but you'd just connect the alarm outputs of the units to the alarm inputs of your standard intruder alarm.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I know the question seems to have been answered but what is a volumetric alarm? A perimetric alarm?

(I was tempted to put simply what is an alarm but I know that's a bit )
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:06 am
Just Joined

benandkelly will become famous soon enoughbenandkelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fionamw
Sorry, I know the question seems to have been answered but what is a volumetric alarm? A perimetric alarm?

(I was tempted to put simply what is an alarm but I know that's a bit )
Volumetric is the type of PIR detectors you get in your house, they cover a designated area or space and 'look' for motion

where as peri tends to be an beam which has to be physically broken to create an alarm

Hope this helps
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks; I suppose there are loads of different types really - just have never come across the words before!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
Thanks; I suppose there are loads of different types really - just have never come across the words before!
Your welcome.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks benandkelly, I was looking at the same make.
I even contacted the office in Basingstoke for some contacts in Italy, but I am still waiting for someone to call me from Milan.
Did you find an installer in Spain and how well does it works re false alarms.

Our friends were nearly burgled recently, however, thanks to the perimetral alarm they did not enter the house.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Isakat
Thanks benandkelly, I was looking at the same make.
I even contacted the office in Basingstoke for some contacts in Italy, but I am still waiting for someone to call me from Milan.
Did you find an installer in Spain and how well does it works re false alarms.

Our friends were nearly burgled recently, however, thanks to the perimetral alarm they did not enter the house.
No problem. The optex ones are more expensive than the Takex one's. However the Optex units have a better detection rate, better distance, have crosshairs built in for alignment and also have a much better tolerance to temperature change.

the false alarm rates on either unit are negligible due to there being a beam which has to be broken. I would advise that you do not mount them near to trees or bushes. Also try to mount them out of sight if at all possible.

Let me know if you have any problems with getting hold of them.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again for the info, I emailed takexeurope ltd tonight to give me a phone number here in Italy where I can talk to someone about getting the sensors here and an installer.
Do you think any electrician can install them?
I also had a look at the Optex website, the products are similar to the Takex ones and have emailed them to tell me where in Italy I can get them.
As our garden is on a hill and we have several terraces, we need to choose the right photo beam product.