Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Perimeter Security Systems -Any Good ?

Perimeter Security Systems -Any Good ?

Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:28 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Perimeter Security Systems -Any Good ?

Anyone got, used or know of intruder systems for the perimeter of the property. I believe they protect the boundaries of your walls and 'notifies' you / key holder should anyone/thing come with a few meters of your property?!?

Normal alarms only go off once the intruder is in the house (with poss' damage done already).

Are they any good, what do they cost and how does it distinguish between a person and say the nocturnal nuisances like dogs, cats or bats ?!?!?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:00 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perimeter Security Systems -Any Good ?

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
Anyone got, used or know of intruder systems for the perimeter of the property. I believe they protect the boundaries of your walls and 'notifies' you / key holder should anyone/thing come with a few meters of your property?!?

Normal alarms only go off once the intruder is in the house (with poss' damage done already).

Are they any good, what do they cost and how does it distinguish between a person and say the nocturnal nuisances like dogs, cats or bats ?!?!?
go onto laser and microwave perimiter alarms.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Is security a big problem for british home owners in Spain?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:26 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
the problem is you get a lot of east europeans and others who come over for a life of crime.some drift from area to area over time looking for easy targets.If you take the right precautions your property will more than likley be ok.dont forget a lot of 2nd homes are empty most of the times.some are empty in remote places.some people flash the cash.the worst is most people let down there guard and think things like that dont happen in spain.they happen every were.but at the end of the day its no were as bad as the uk
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:57 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I would agree with betris in that a lot of the Brits are absent owners and the thieves can enter the properties and remove items undisturbed and tend to have higher quality goods than the average Spanish home.I notice a lot of the Eastern Europeans tend to look for target properties using a bicycle don't ask me why, But on the day of offence call in help and use the old white van,So keep your eye out for the little blighter's on a bike on a track/Urb near you.If you can take a piccy of him with your mobile phone

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:38 am
Coco

scottvanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Are there any that produce statists about crime levels across spain? Do local councils produce figures for there area? See what areas are more affected. Easy to find out in the UK.

Thanks

Scott
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

For either british and spanish owners
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Sorry Mr and Mrs Grape eater seem to have side tracked your post sorry. (By the way Oscar doing a grand job for me thanks)
Maybe we should start a new one but I dont know how
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:29 pm
Banned

johnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

I live on the coast with large grounds. I have two dogs a German shepherd, a Rottweiler, cameras and wall sensors. There has been a spate of burglaries in my area. Mostly eastern block, using some sort of gas to knock you out. I had a local English guy fit all mine less than a third of the price. He once worked for the English customs fitting all types of cameras and security devices. He gave me a brochure to choose and pay for my equipment needed at trade prices from England. I only had to pay his labour price. I can post his mobile if the moderator would allow.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by johnny13
I live on the coast with large grounds. I have two dogs a German shepherd, a Rottweiler, cameras and wall sensors. There has been a spate of burglaries in my area. Mostly eastern block, using some sort of gas to knock you out. I had a local English guy fit all mine less than a third of the price. He once worked for the English customs fitting all types of cameras and security devices. He gave me a brochure to choose and pay for my equipment needed at trade prices from England. I only had to pay his labour price. I can post his mobile if the moderator would allow.
if you look on" laser and microwave perimiter alarms" on google you will see the ones for parimiters.your mate will probery know all about them.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Homes that are most at risk are those that are empty a lot of the time, ie holiday homes, and are often targeted by new people being followed from airports in hire cars, when people arrive here they often just want to go out for a meal after the journey, they will leave all belongings still in cases, and often leave windows open to 'air the place', or in summer will go to bed leaving a window slightly open because of the heat. Ground floor places are targeted, they use fishing rods to hook any keys or handbags out through the windows. They will often get the house keys and car keys that way, along with all the holiday money. Take normal precautions and you will be OK. Incidentally, Torrevieja is often classed as a high crime area, but in fact it's crime rate is less than Eastbourne in the UK, 3.8% to 4.8% according to figures.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Makes Spain sound worse than South Africa!!I live in the campo and the latest crime was that a neighbour had 4 pigs stolenturned out it was a family member who was owed money, Ive not heard of houses being robbed latley, most cortijeros have a shotgun so it tends to be a to higher a risk to the Romanian visitors!!

I think you should ask yourselves why you live in Spain, if its for a better life but then you find you need high security on your home then I guess youve picked the wrong area!

Rgds

Rotor
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:08 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Ermmmm !! I appreciate the input and interaction But you can start your own thread on Spanish Crime.

With all respect... does anyone know or wish to comment about Perimeter Security please???
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:04 pm
Banned

johnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the roughjohnny13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rotor
Makes Spain sound worse than South Africa!!I live in the campo and the latest crime was that a neighbour had 4 pigs stolenturned out it was a family member who was owed money, Ive not heard of houses being robbed latley, most cortijeros have a shotgun so it tends to be a to higher a risk to the Romanian visitors!!

I think you should ask yourselves why you live in Spain, if its for a better life but then you find you need high security on your home then I guess youve picked the wrong area!

Rgds

Rotor
I don't live or intend to live on the campo with a shotgun surrounded by pigs. The coast from Estapona up as far as benalmadana are and have been targets for Burglars and Robbers. Before you say then move inland. I have 5 of my children in very good schools they are safe to go out around the town and beaches. We must have something of value in our Beautiful homes that attract these type of nobodys. Its unfortunate that multimillion pound homes are a target, hence the sophisticated alarm systems.