Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The perfect Mother

The perfect Mother

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:51 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There are half a dozen posts in this thread trying to explain away how, why and what, and however you try and dress that up its a form of endorsement now run along and play with someone else Dick.

Maybe you can point out her half dozen posts of support.
You appear to be the one dressing it up to suit your own purpose.

Put up or shut up or better still stop trolling.
Hmm, too much to hope for I suppose.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
YouTube is a moral mindfield, but I feel you are taking it too far.

Yes perhaps now the woman is being dealt with by the authorities it is time to take down the video.

However, the good thing about YouTube is you can just about put anything up and the viewers are the ones who judge. In this case, the video was newsworthy and highlighted an issue that otherwise wouldnt have gotten in the media

i.e. that British people are in their minority in parts of the UK and some feel they have a right to abuse other people in public because of that

btw, I went for lunch out in Benalmadena pueblo the other day and couldnt believe it. There were maybe 50 people having a menu del dia in 3 restaurants by the main plaza and my wife was the only Spaniard. Maybe its time to get out of here!
Maybe for you it is, you do seem to be paranoid if counting the number of Spanish in restaurants, personally I just see people not different races in there!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:51 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Maybe for you it is, you do seem to be paranoid if counting the number of Spanish in restaurants, personally I just see people not different races in there!
I was a bit concerned about his paranoia,but now I realise it is just a variation on the "women comparing the size of their bums to others.

I am usually just looking for the best place to sit.....but cman is his own person.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:52 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If people were strapped to lie detectors when professing not to be racist, I suspect the results would be amazing. Similarly, if the truth drug were administered to commentators on this thread we might see some strange results.

As for Matt, it would be like sticking a pin in a balloon. Pffft.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 7:00 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
If people were strapped to lie detectors when professing not to be racist, I suspect the results would be amazing. Similarly, if the truth drug were administered to commentators on this thread we might see some strange results.

You have a really good, funny writing style, and often come up with the most unlikely gems, rambling about nothing in particular.

And quite often you crack me up, this is one of the gems.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
You have a really good, funny writing style, and often come up with the most unlikely gems, rambling about nothing in particular.

And quite often you crack me up, this is one of the gems.
Well, thank you for that. I can also be deadly serious about racism, and I hate being too serious.

I went out with a coloured lady in east London in the sixties. I use the word 'coloured' because that's how it was at the time.

We encountered racial prejudice wherever we went. It was an absolute nightmare. There was no escape from it, not in the posh West End, not in Clacton on the Essex coast, not in the West Country, and not even in her home country, Jamaica.

We had to give up our relationship, it broke both of our hearts, and I don't think things have changed that much over the past 50 years.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:20 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Maybe you can point out her half dozen posts of support.
You appear to be the one dressing it up to suit your own purpose.

Put up or shut up or better still stop trolling.
Hmm, too much to hope for I suppose.
To be accused of that by YOu... rich.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:49 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
I'm English too

I'm sorry, I don't understand the second paragraph of your post?
sri word missing..............

but does that then mean that all those who claim to be Brits or have the certificate cannot be subject to racism ??? Me thinks that wouldnt work, they are usually the ones who use their religion as a race.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:57 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
To be accused of that by YOu... rich.
So? Which posts are supportive of the perp?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 11:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
The young mother in question comes from New Addington, near Croydon, and it's a real shithole where you will hear that kind of language on a daily basis.

I watched a Moroccan lookie-lookie man the other day lose it with four British grannies who waved him away from their table, which seems to be happening all the time now.

What he said to them in Spanish was unbelievable, just like the mother on the tram. But the Brits didn't understand a word of it, and just smiled at him.
don't tell Cricketman, he would never believe you unless he could have seen it on a video
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 7:29 am
Banned

Just watching skynews, and we seem to have some new phrases in the English language "honour violence and honour killings", another thing to add to what has been brought into the country by immigrants.

Nearly 3 thousand cases in a year, where girls have been victims of violence from the male members in their own families, usually with the female members supporting it or doing nothing to prevent it.

I cannot see how men who have such little thought for their own daughters and mothers who do not fight like lionesses to protect them can really fit into any society that abhors violence of this kind.

Yes it could be argued that the UK is a voilent country, but the big difference is the perps know that they are doing wrong, it is a lot more sinister when voilent acts are not being done for gain, revenge, drugs etc, but because they think it is the right thing to do because a daughter/sister has brought shame on the family, usually with " trivial" act.

I use trivial, to mean an act that is the norm in the UK.

Is this a racist view, I dont know?
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Just watching skynews, and we seem to have some new phrases in the English language "honour violence and honour killings", another thing to add to what has been brought into the country by immigrants.

Nearly 3 thousand cases in a year, where girls have been victims of violence from the male members in their own families, usually with the female members supporting it or doing nothing to prevent it.

I cannot see how men who have such little thought for their own daughters and mothers who do not fight like lionesses to protect them can really fit into any society that abhors violence of this kind.

Yes it could be argued that the UK is a voilent country, but the big difference is the perps know that they are doing wrong, it is a lot more sinister when voilent acts are not being done for gain, revenge, drugs etc, but because they think it is the right thing to do because a daughter/sister has brought shame on the family, usually with " trivial" act.

I use trivial, to mean an act that is the norm in the UK.

Is this a racist view, I dont know?
"Honour killings" is a phrase that's been around a long time in the UK. If a daugter brings shame on the family they deal with it in their own way, outside of the law. It is not uncommon for a daughter to visit family back home never to return. It very often is 'trivial' in our eyes but not of course to that community.
I don't think it's a racist view at all.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 9:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Have I addressed you at all in this thread? Have I requested that you post a snide comment? Did I come looking for your opinion? No, so why do you do it? Why do you post something that you know full well will get a negative reply? Is it because in truth you live a sad, souless life and the best you can do in life is this... this forum... this little world of the forum, posting your pocket wisdom and anecdotal tales of life in the "real world"?

You're and idiot, not the only one I grant you but an idiot all the same.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:08 am
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

The real problem, in the UK, in Spain or wherever, is that many immigrants do not bother to integrate and end up forming ghettoes. Whatever their nationalities, religions or colours, they take parts of a town for themselves or even create their own towns and don't mix properly with the natives and other immigrants who will also create their own ghettoes.

I don't like ghettoes of British, German, Moroccan, South American, Chinese, etc etc people in Spain, just as I don't like ghettoes of Pakistanis, Indians, Black Caribbeans, Black Africans, Polish, Spanish, or whatever in the UK. And it's worse when many of them are illegals to start with. I don't mind immigrants, I'm an immigrant myself, but I want them to integrate in the host country properly. Is this being racist?

These are facts: when a person of the host country is the only native in a bus, a tram, his/her street, local shops, half or more of the pupils in their kids' school cannot speak the language ... and the non natives are mostly from the same background, the native will certainly notice it. I think that it's completely normal. People won't normally say it because they are scared of being called racists, but I bet everybody feels it, let's be honest. People feel better when surrounded by their own. This is a human fact and the real problem. If this overcoming presence comes together with an increase in crime and its cost and the knowledge that so many immigrants are illegal and taking so much of the social benefits at the same time that they increase the social expense to cover their crimes, especially in times of economic crisis, racist fights and attacks will be the norm.

Give the natives a proper mix in their streets, places of work, parks, celebrations.... a proper integration and you wouldn't see so many racial attacks. Immigrants simply have to integrate in order to avoid social conflicts, and to make this they cannot live and work only with their original compatriots forming ghettoes. Two, three families of the same background, that's all that should live close to each other in case they need help or want some contact to speak their language between them or celebrate something, but when you find hundreds of families in the same area, integration is clearly not working.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It's always been so, human nature. Immigrants in New York set up their own areas, some are still known as"Little Italy" Chinatown etc. In Florida one small resort most of the residents are descended from Greek sponge divers. London has Jewish quarters, some have been taken over by Bangladeshis etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.