Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The perfect Mother

The perfect Mother

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:53 pm
  #61  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by cricketman View Post
I think you are getting 2 very different things mixed up.

It is not racist to say that in parts of London there are now more foreigners than British people. This is just a fact.

It is not even racist to say that this represents a loss of British culture or to feel sad that half the children at your child's school dont speak English properly

However, it is racist to shout at people in public and refer to them in dorragatary and racist terms and perhaps blame them for things that are nothing to do with them.

Regarding my situation here in Benalmádena Pueblo, I am not being racist by observing that were no Spaniards in the restaurants I went to, nor for feeling sad about that (this part of Spain observes an unspoken cultural apartheid anyway, but that is for another thread)

It would be racist if I started shouting at the people in the restaurant saying they should F off home because this is a Spanish restaurant, or they should start speaking Spanish, but I did not, nor do I think that.

I dont want to bring up my child in a society like down here on the CDS, I feel it is warped and unhealthy. There is no or little mixing between Spanish speakers and English speakers (it is a language issue above all, not a race issue). So, we will move to a different part of Spain, simple.

And scampicat, there is only one race, the human race. There is no such thing as a British race, a Spanish race or God forbid, an American race
"... or God forbid, an American race "

Oh dear there you go again,....... and it's no laughing matter I'm afraid.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:57 pm
  #62  
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Alicante province
Posts: 5,753
HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

The young mother in question comes from New Addington, near Croydon, and it's a real shithole where you will hear that kind of language on a daily basis.

I watched a Moroccan lookie-lookie man the other day lose it with four British grannies who waved him away from their table, which seems to be happening all the time now.

What he said to them in Spanish was unbelievable, just like the mother on the tram. But the Brits didn't understand a word of it, and just smiled at him.
HBG is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:58 pm
  #63  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
"... or God forbid, an American race "

Oh dear there you go again,....... and it's no laughing matter I'm afraid.
Oh for someone with a background in genetics and an interest in anthropology and evolution, it is very funny. It is so stupid it is funny

There is no biological basis for any of the so called "races" in the world and certainly not one for 300 million recent immigrants from Europe, Africa and Asia that settled in a part of North America in the past 500 years
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm
  #64  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,368
agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by JLFS View Post
You still dont see what you are actually saying do you. You are saying that you came to Spain to live mainly amongst Spanish
So he chose Benalmádena?
agoreira is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:14 pm
  #65  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by agoreira View Post
So he chose Benalmádena?
Yes I know, but that was mainly for certain family and business commitments which we no longer have

So now we are lucky enough to be able to choose to live anywhere we like in the world. And yes it will be Spain, most probably Asturias
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:15 pm
  #66  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by agoreira View Post
So he chose Benalmádena?
Shock, Horror, Brits and Germans in Benalmadena,

Whats the World coming to..... Whatever next ?

Hilarious.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:17 pm
  #67  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by cricketman View Post
I think you are getting 2 very different things mixed up.

It is not racist to say that in parts of London there are now more foreigners than British people. This is just a fact.

It is not even racist to say that this represents a loss of British culture or to feel sad that half the children at your child's school dont speak English properly

However, it is racist to shout at people in public and refer to them in dorragatary and racist terms and perhaps blame them for things that are nothing to do with them.

Regarding my situation here in Benalmádena Pueblo, I am not being racist by observing that were no Spaniards in the restaurants I went to, nor for feeling sad about that (this part of Spain observes an unspoken cultural apartheid anyway, but that is for another thread)

It would be racist if I started shouting at the people in the restaurant saying they should F off home because this is a Spanish restaurant, or they should start speaking Spanish, but I did not, nor do I think that.

I dont want to bring up my child in a society like down here on the CDS, I feel it is warped and unhealthy. There is no or little mixing between Spanish speakers and English speakers (it is a language issue above all, not a race issue). So, we will move to a different part of Spain, simple.

And scampicat, there is only one race, the human race. There is no such thing as a British race, a Spanish race or God forbid, an American race
For someone whose job is based on stats and logic, you are not very consistent in your logic.

What you are saying is it is only racist if you shout out your opinions in public, so if you keep hatred to you self beit against other races that means you are not a racist.

By the same token, using your reasoning, a virgin homosexual is not homosexual until he does something about it by having sex, or tells someone about his feelings.

JLFS is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:19 pm
  #68  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by agoreira View Post
So he chose Benalmádena?
Yeah,Like living in a gingerbread house if you have a wheat intolerance......
JLFS is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:20 pm
  #69  
Ex Expat
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: West Midlands, ex Granada province
Posts: 2,140
scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by cricketman View Post
I think you are getting 2 very different things mixed up.

It is not racist to say that in parts of London there are now more foreigners than British people. This is just a fact.

It is not even racist to say that this represents a loss of British culture or to feel sad that half the children at your child's school dont speak English properly

However, it is racist to shout at people in public and refer to them in dorragatary and racist terms and perhaps blame them for things that are nothing to do with them.

Regarding my situation here in Benalmádena Pueblo, I am not being racist by observing that were no Spaniards in the restaurants I went to, nor for feeling sad about that (this part of Spain observes an unspoken cultural apartheid anyway, but that is for another thread)

It would be racist if I started shouting at the people in the restaurant saying they should F off home because this is a Spanish restaurant, or they should start speaking Spanish, but I did not, nor do I think that.

I dont want to bring up my child in a society like down here on the CDS, I feel it is warped and unhealthy. There is no or little mixing between Spanish speakers and English speakers (it is a language issue above all, not a race issue). So, we will move to a different part of Spain, simple.

And scampicat, there is only one race, the human race. There is no such thing as a British race, a Spanish race or God forbid, an American race
I agree with you. So maybe we should call it culturalist instead.
scampicat is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:27 pm
  #70  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

I am LOVING the support this ignorant, bigoted, racist spermbucket of a woman is getting on this thread, absolutely brilliant.... hardly surprising if I'm honest, but brilliant all the same.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:31 pm
  #71  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7,749
cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by JLFS View Post
For someone whose job is based on stats and logic, you are not very consistent in your logic.

What you are saying is it is only racist if you shout out your opinions in public, so if you keep hatred to you self beit against other races that means you are not a racist.

By the same token, using your reasoning, a virgin homosexual is not homosexual until he does something about it by having sex, or tells someone about his feelings.

No, as usual you misconstrue to try and seek a loophole the argument

Anyone who thinks a human who has a certain skintone or speaks a certain language or comes from a certain country is inherently better or worse than they are, is racist, whether they say it or not.

People have expectations and are disappointed when life doesnt meet up to them. I moved to the centre of Barcelona and there wasnt a Catalan is site. Most my neighbours were Chinese, Pakistani, Latin American or Moroccan. I was disappointed not because I'm racist but because I wanted to get to know Spanish/Catalan culture and people and living there, that made it very difficult. However, this was my fault, I didnt research well enough. And in the end I enjoyed playing ping pong on the public tables with the Chinese kids

And in Benalmadena I knew what I signed up for when I moved. I brought up the point rather cheekily because for me it matches quite well the situation in parts of London, what I should stress is the woman isnt racist for feeling disappointed that there are so many foreigners in her neighbourhood, but she is racist for feeling hatred towards them and abusing them.
cricketman is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:35 pm
  #72  
On the road again.
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
I am LOVING the support this ignorant, bigoted, racist spermbucket of a woman is getting on this thread, absolutely brilliant.... hardly surprising if I'm honest, but brilliant all the same.
I have yet to see anyone support her.
The point being that she is far from unique and such bigoted views are not the sole preserve of one bigoted woman on a tram in the UK.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:42 pm
  #73  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
I am LOVING the support this ignorant, bigoted, racist spermbucket of a woman is getting on this thread, absolutely brilliant.... hardly surprising if I'm honest, but brilliant all the same.
I am not supporting her, but I am against it being put on youtube especially as she is with her innocent son............
that cant be right, the kid has a right to anonimity, and lets face it for race hate crimes as well as other crimes there is a procedure already in place to bring the guilty to justice.

I dont think the clip was put on you tube to get justice, it was done for some other reason, a trial by internet is not really fair.
JLFS is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:43 pm
  #74  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
I have yet to see anyone support her.
The point being that she is far from unique and such bigoted views are not the sole preserve of one bigoted woman on a tram in the UK.
There are half a dozen posts in this thread trying to explain away how, why and what, and however you try and dress that up its a form of endorsement now run along and play with someone else Dick.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:49 pm
  #75  
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,008
JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Define racism for me, if I lived in an area full of lets say Muslims for a host of different countries, if everytime I went out of the house, I was met by burka wearing women, who could not say hello to me for cultural reasons, if I did not shout abuse at them or hate them, but wanted to move elsewhere simply because I did not like the general atmosphere that has sprung up since the recent arrivals came.?

Would that make me a racist, because if that was the situation I would be out of there sharpish, I would not want to live my life like that.?
JLFS is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.