Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The perfect Mother

The perfect Mother

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by JLFS
I wonder about the sad ass that posted the clip on youtube.

What was their motive, if it was to right a wrong surely they recording could be shown to the police, and they could post a still of the woman to catch her, or called a guard, posting a clip on the net for billions to see is not exactly being a concerned citizen.

I think it was more to satisfy themselves and their own ego as a "whistle blower".
I think posting the clip on YouTube was the right thing to do

The clip was called "my tram experience" or something like that so it is something someone felt they experienced personally.

It is shocking that people have to put up with such vile hatrid and racial abuse while going about their daily business. All the better that they are outed as the ignorant bigot they are. Although as I mentioned before, my judgment of the clip is the woman has serious mental issues.

By the way, this isnt a strange experience by any means in the UK. My wife was told to F off home when she went to study English in Kent for month, was spat at and told to speak Fing English. And that was just the teacher
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:46 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

The clip was called "my tram experience" or something like that so it is something someone felt they experienced personally.

It is shocking that people have to put up with such vile hatrid and racial abuse while going about their daily business. All the better that they are outed as the ignorant bigot they are. Although as I mentioned before, my judgment of the clip is the woman has serious mental issues.

By the way, this isnt a strange experience by any means in the UK. My wife was told to F off home when she went to study English in Kent for month, was spat at and told to speak Fing English. And that was just the teacher
So you think that it is right to put a clip on you tube of an innocent toddler sitting with his mother, albeit a foul mouthed nasty mother, for it to be around there forever more, and for them to be singled out.................and stigmatised.

There are some real nutters out there, and perhaps neighbours could take it upon themselves to voictmise the whole family for what one stupid woman has done.

And if you think she has serious mental issues, as you say, isnt that just one step away from the circus freak show that was once so popular, showing the deformed for entertainment?

So what you are really saying is that it is wrong to say racist remarks, but fine to show the mentally ill having a bad turn and hope it goes viral.

Sort of double standards isnt it?

So much double standards, that you say it is right to show her up for what she is? which is an extreme view and if you dont watch out the PC brigade will be after you for advocating it.

Anyway in my opinion, posting on youtube is not exactly the way to act, should then every criminal act be uploaded? surely even criminals families (ie the toddler with his mum) have the right to aninomity.

It is the western equivalent of watching a beheading or a public whipping as far as I am concerned.

It was posted for entertainment value, or to stir up trouble in what already is heated circumstances.

Everyone knows that racism exists but:
Does the fact that something is against the law or morally wronrg give someone the right to expose private people , and in the process innocents,in not so good citizen like acts?

If 2 underage kids were having sex in the park, would that be acceptable to upload onto youtube, with the excuse that the public need to know what is going on in the UK?

The woman involved maybe sick, but the budding film director is even sicker...
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

The woman involved maybe sick, but the budding film director is even sicker...
YouTube is a moral mindfield, but I feel you are taking it too far.

Yes perhaps now the woman is being dealt with by the authorities it is time to take down the video.

However, the good thing about YouTube is you can just about put anything up and the viewers are the ones who judge. In this case, the video was newsworthy and highlighted an issue that otherwise wouldnt have gotten in the media

i.e. that British people are in their minority in parts of the UK and some feel they have a right to abuse other people in public because of that

btw, I went for lunch out in Benalmadena pueblo the other day and couldnt believe it. There were maybe 50 people having a menu del dia in 3 restaurants by the main plaza and my wife was the only Spaniard. Maybe its time to get out of here!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

btw, I went for lunch out in Benalmadena pueblo the other day and couldnt believe it. There were maybe 50 people having a menu del dia in 3 restaurants by the main plaza and my wife was the only Spaniard. Maybe its time to get out of here!
So now who is adopting a racist attitude ?????

You can hardly visit a single town or city in Spain without coming across massive aerosol scrawlings on walls and buildings,...

"EXTRANJEROS FUERA"

You may well say they were done mainly by mindless Spanish yobs, but there again you might care to wonder where the ever so common thoughts of all these yobs originated ?

Pots and Kettles, C'man.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:23 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

YouTube is a moral mindfield, but I feel you are taking it too far.

Yes perhaps now the woman is being dealt with by the authorities it is time to take down the video.

However, the good thing about YouTube is you can just about put anything up and the viewers are the ones who judge. In this case, the video was newsworthy and highlighted an issue that otherwise wouldnt have gotten in the media

i.e. that British people are in their minority in parts of the UK and some feel they have a right to abuse other people in public because of that

Oh well maybe you should, if you are so paranoid that you are counting the number of Spaniards in a restaurant, then things aint good.

I/we eat out a lot, and to be honest I have never thought or felt the need to check to see if I am the only Spaniard in the restaurant.

When that day comes I will seek professional help from a good therapist.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So now who is adopting a racist attitude ?????

You can hardly visit a single town or city in Spain without coming across massive aerosol scrawlings on walls and buildings,...

"EXTRANJEROS FUERA"

You may well say they were done mainly by mindless Spanish yobs, but there again you might care to wonder where the ever so common thoughts of all these yobs originated ?

Pots and Kettles, C'man.
Exactly, imaging someone in Bradford posting, that they were the only British person in the restaurant, there would be a huge outcry.........racist and such.

And it does seem a bit double standards, for him to say something along those lines, after defending the moron who posted the clip of the tram womans rant against foreigners in the UK.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Exactly, imaging someone in Bradford posting, that they were the only British person in the restaurant, there would be a huge outcry.........racist and such.

And it does seem a bit double standards, for him to say something along those lines, after defending the moron who posted the clip of the tram womans rant against foreigners in the UK.
Why is it racist? I came to Spain to live among mainly (or at least some) Spaniards, not mainly Brits and Germans. It was pretty obvious since the tables were close and noone was speaking Spanish and the waiters were doing their best pidgeon English.

I had a great 5 years in London living among mainly British people. But if I wanted to be surrounded by Brits then I'd move back there.

And btw there is a huge difference, I didnt start abusing my fellow dinners for not speaking Spanish

I should add that I have never seen any "Extranjeros fuera" graffiti, although I've seen the odd neo-Nazi symbol
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I had to comeback to react to a post like this

What the woman did was horrendous, not only what she said, but she was also clearly drugged or drunk and had a young child on her knee

If I didnt think she was mentally ill I'd recommend a 100 hours community service cleaning out the toilets at asylum detention centres

That anyone can defend her, also shows the kind of morally corrupt person they are
probably you are right, the Legal Aid barrister she will get will probably be that morally corrupt person

such incidents happen every day in the UK, similar also happens in Spain especially when the lads hit town in the summer in Ibiza. Just not all are video'd but more and more will be, especially if there is money in it for someone.

but it is still trial by web, and now she will never get a fair trial or any "just" desserts.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:08 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I quite agree, it is shocking that people have to put up with vile hatred and racail abuse, it happens on Britains streets every day of the week, just that it is not in English so people don't know it.

as to your wife's experience - she should be reporting the teacher to the head of school
and you shouldnt be condoning it by putting a wink at the end of the statement.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:11 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it racist? I came to Spain to live among mainly (or at least some) Spaniards, not mainly Brits and Germans.
FAIL again I'm afraid.
Once again it smacks of racism in todays PC World.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Dec 2nd 2011 at 3:39 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:15 pm
Banned

Why is it racist? I came to Spain to live among mainly (or at least some) Spaniards, not mainly Brits and Germans. It was pretty obvious since the tables were close and noone was speaking Spanish and the waiters were doing their best pidgeon English.

I had a great 5 years in London living among mainly British people. But if I wanted to be surrounded by Brits then I'd move back there.

And btw there is a huge difference, I didnt start abusing my fellow dinners for not speaking Spanish

I should add that I have never seen any "Extranjeros fuera" graffiti, although I've seen the odd neo-Nazi symbol
You still dont see what you are actually saying do you. You are saying that you came to Spain to live mainly amongst Spanish but the place is becoming overrun with Brits ie Foreigners.

Dont you think that the Brits from , lets say Bradford, expected to live with other British,yet find the place overrun by foreigners.

Is it not the same ?

And for someone who is not racist, you seem to be very aware and doing "redadas" of the nationality of other diners when you go out of for a MDD, dont you find that strange.?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:26 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget that, according to politically correct Trendy Lefties, Brits cannot be the subject of racism (as we are not, apparently, a race).
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by scampicat
Let's not forget that, according to politically correct Trendy Lefties, Brits cannot be the subject of racism (as we are not, apparently, a race).
thats why I am English,
untainted by fluffy bunnies and those who become Brits after passing a tick the box test.

but does that then that all those who claim to be Brits or have the certificate cannot be subject to racism ??? Me thinks that wouldnt work, they are usually the ones who use their religion as a race.

Last edited by Domino; Dec 2nd 2011 at 3:35 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:39 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
thats why I am English,
untainted by fluffy bunnies and those who become Brits after passing a tick the box test.

but does that then that all those who claim to be Brits or have the certificate cannot be subject to racism ??? Me thinks that wouldnt work, they are usually the ones who use their religion as a race.
I'm English too

I'm sorry, I don't understand the second paragraph of your post?
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And for someone who is not racist, you seem to be very aware and doing "redadas" of the nationality of other diners when you go out of for a MDD, dont you find that strange.?
I think you are getting 2 very different things mixed up.

It is not racist to say that in parts of London there are now more foreigners than British people. This is just a fact.

It is not even racist to say that this represents a loss of British culture or to feel sad that half the children at your child's school dont speak English properly

However, it is racist to shout at people in public and refer to them in dorragatary and racist terms and perhaps blame them for things that are nothing to do with them.

Regarding my situation here in Benalmádena Pueblo, I am not being racist by observing that were no Spaniards in the restaurants I went to, nor for feeling sad about that (this part of Spain observes an unspoken cultural apartheid anyway, but that is for another thread)

It would be racist if I started shouting at the people in the restaurant saying they should F off home because this is a Spanish restaurant, or they should start speaking Spanish, but I did not, nor do I think that.

I dont want to bring up my child in a society like down here on the CDS, I feel it is warped and unhealthy. There is no or little mixing between Spanish speakers and English speakers (it is a language issue above all, not a race issue). So, we will move to a different part of Spain, simple.

And scampicat, there is only one race, the human race. There is no such thing as a British race, a Spanish race or God forbid, an American race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.