Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The perfect Mother

The perfect Mother

Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:42 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The perfect Mother

Originally Posted by evamar
Believe me, I was actually controlling myself!!!

It was your decision, and you took responsibility. That is serious parenting. I wish more young people were responsible. Personally, for me responsibility was far easier: a combination of pills and condoms.... Even having to travel to another city to make sure that the guy at the chemist wouldn't tell my parents

To be honest I had to get my act together, I have a Gallego father and mother who were screaming and a future Gallego Father and mother in law, who were ready to cut my nuts off or string me up, or both.

I came home one day and found that my father had sold my car.....I had just had it doneup, and he sold it to a friend of his for his son, and told him that I did not have any need for such a vehicle.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:46 pm
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JLFS
To be honest I had to get my act together, I have a Gallego father and mother who were screaming and a future Gallego Father and mother in law, who were ready to cut my nuts off or string me up, or both.

I came home one day and found that my father had sold my car.....I had just had it doneup, and he sold it to a friend of his for his son, and told him that I did not have any need for such a vehicle.
jajajaaa.... how hard it is to grow up out of sudden!!!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

This may be too personal of a Q but I'll ask it anyway

You were raised in the UK and had, what 2 kids by the age of 21? Do you think that having the UK benefits to fall back on if the worst would happen helped you make the decision to have children so early?

If you lived in Spain would you have done the same?

A year or so ago I would have said that there are a complete lack of teenage parents in Spain. While that may be true in the North or in well-to-do areas, it definitely isnt here in Andalucia, well, at least in the villages. And given that there are no benefits, they must have very understanding families!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Aren't you glad you don't live in a country like that?
Absolutely -yes!

And I am even more pleased that I no longer have to pay UK tax to support such a system
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Once she got a council flat
The council flat business was probably the single biggest mistake of all. As the girl said to my Mother´s next door neighbour, " i´ve got what I want from you, bye." Trouble was the silly fool was in love with her.

Graham
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:57 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

jajajaaa.... how hard it is to grow up out of sudden!!!
Not only that, it was just before Christmas when the brown stuff hit the fan, and everyone really enjoyed rubbing it in, I think it was to make an example of me.

Anyway, the christmas presents that year, were all baby stuff, I remember opening a box and there was a bright yellow potty in it. I was fuming, I think they were hell bent on making sure my brother did not make the same mistake as me............

I was supposed to go to my in laws later, but I rang them and said if they had bought me baby stuff as my christmas present just to make me feel bad, that I would not go to their house, my suegro said that they would not do such a thing, and then added that they would not even give me a turd in a box after what I had done to their innocent daughter...
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
And given that there are no benefits, they must have very understanding families!
What's this "family" thing?

Is that the archaic idea where children had a mother and a father who, heaven forbid, might even have been married?

I have even heard that sometimes - in "families" - that the parents even had another generation older than them called "grandparents".

It may seem odd but I understand that the "parents" and "grandparents" actually used to take some pride in seeing their offspring (nowadays known as a "benefit resource") actually receive a good education and end up better off than their "parents" and "grandparents".

It seems like a silly idea to me - it couldn't possibly work any more
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
This may be too personal of a Q but I'll ask it anyway

You were raised in the UK and had, what 2 kids by the age of 21? Do you think that having the UK benefits to fall back on if the worst would happen helped you make the decision to have children so early?

If you lived in Spain would you have done the same?

A year or so ago I would have said that there are a complete lack of teenage parents in Spain. While that may be true in the North or in well-to-do areas, it definitely isnt here in Andalucia, well, at least in the villages. And given that there are no benefits, they must have very understanding families!
Ok, Number one baby was a total shocker, which I will admit to, A complete disaster as far as we were concerned, I even thought about joining the French foreign legion
So the desision to have number one was taken out of my hands, as for number 2, if you have one, another does not make much difference, we were already married, and were enjoying being parents.

The fact that there were benfits in the UK made no difference to me, with my closest family being Spanish, the question of benfits did not arise, it could have been that Gallegos as well as other notherners in Spain have alway had a reputation for being hard workers, and it was drummedinto us that we had to support our own, and as I lived in Spain from the age of 7, it was sort of the norm for me too.

As you point out benfits are there in the worst case senario, and it does make the going easier, but I think that the desicion to have children with benfits in mind is only a certain group of people.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fred James
What's this "family" thing?

Is that the archaic idea where children had a mother and a father who, heaven forbid, might even have been married?

I have even heard that sometimes - in "families" - that the parents even had another generation older than them called "grandparents".

It may seem odd but I understand that the "parents" and "grandparents" actually used to take some pride in seeing their offspring (nowadays known as a "benefit resource") actually receive a good education and end up better off than their "parents" and "grandparents".

It seems like a silly idea to me - it couldn't possibly work any more
Cman means that the Spanish girls who are having children must have understanding parents, as they are the ones that will have the brunt of the financial burden if the girl herself has no job.

They will have to support her and the baby in every way evan financially and with housing as the state does not in Spain.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:22 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Absolutely -yes!

And I am even more pleased that I no longer have to pay UK tax to support such a system
Really glad to hear that Fred.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:28 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Or, offer 5K to young lads to get a vasectomy done, and revert it free if they are working and happy to form a family in their late 20's. That would be cheaper that keeping this cancerogenic breed. Anything! but do something to stop these social suckers.
This does sound like a marvellous idea. If only there was a way to distinguish between those that were allowed to breed and those that were not. Hmm...

Hey I know! How about the ones that have blonde hair and blue eyes are the lucky ones?

Do you think it could work?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:33 pm
Spanish, 40

evamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to beholdevamar is a splendid one to behold

Not only that, it was just before Christmas when the brown stuff hit the fan, and everyone really enjoyed rubbing it in, I think it was to make an example of me.

Anyway, the christmas presents that year, were all baby stuff, I remember opening a box and there was a bright yellow potty in it. I was fuming, I think they were hell bent on making sure my brother did not make the same mistake as me............

I was supposed to go to my in laws later, but I rang them and said if they had bought me baby stuff as my christmas present just to make me feel bad, that I would not go to their house, my suegro said that they would not do such a thing, and then added that they would not even give me a turd in a box after what I had done to their innocent daughter...
jjajaaaa... remember: Xmas spirit is not what you get... even if a turd in a box!
At the end of the day, at least they help you with all the little things that babies are supposed to need... but I'm sure your brother took the hint.

Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:09 pm
Banned

jjajaaaa... remember: Xmas spirit is not what you get... even if a turd in a box!
At the end of the day, at least they help you with all the little things that babies are supposed to need... but I'm sure your brother took the hint.

Oh yes he did take the hint, so much so that my parents were telling him and his wife to get a move on, as they wanted more grandchildren, and infact it was me and my wife who had to oblige...... and supply number 3

By then I was forgiven......
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:12 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

gawd, what a load of crap. Don't any of you know any normal people Do you all live or have lived on only sinkhole estates?
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
This does sound like a marvellous idea. If only there was a way to distinguish between those that were allowed to breed and those that were not. Hmm...

Hey I know! How about the ones that have blonde hair and blue eyes are the lucky ones?

Do you think it could work?
Ya Vol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.