Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

People to follow on Twitter...

People to follow on Twitter...

Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:45 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default People to follow on Twitter...

I've tried to avoid this, but may start using Twitter. Martin Varsavsky (the entrepreneur behind FON, Jazztel, Ya.com etc can be followed here:
http://twitter.com/martinvars/

For example:
The euro may be strong but exactly the same antibiotics cost 80% less in Spain than USA. Amoxicilin Clavulan 500mg only 11 euros.
BTW, if you hate the concept of Twitter, don't hesitate in saying so. I can fully understand why some people would prefer less contact with cyberspace.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People to follow on Twitter...

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I've tried to avoid this, but may start using Twitter. Martin Varsavsky (the entrepreneur behind FON, Jazztel, Ya.com etc can be followed here:
http://twitter.com/martinvars/

For example:

BTW, if you hate the concept of Twitter, don't hesitate in saying so. I can fully understand why some people would prefer less contact with cyberspace.

Twitter's another herd I can't keep up with! ... mind you, I'd love to know how - it's only the 'inner me' dinosaur, I'm sure, but HOW do you post on a thread or whatever AND see the updates within the same thread????
It's taken me months to nearly get the idea of facebook
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Where the hell do people find the time? I basically post on here when there's nothing better to do and when it gets hectic or I'm in Spain, my post rate drops accordingly.

Just think, if you have a number of boards, facebook, twitter and **** knows what else, you must be run ragged trying to keep track of it all.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:18 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point about Twitter (although I may be wrong) is that you can "follow" people who are leaders or who have knowledge in a field that you are interested in (of course it doesn't stop just anyone who wants to "twitter"). Unless you create a twitter blog yourself, you don't post yourself. As for Facebook, I've stopped using it. It's full of stupid gimmicks and quizzes. ? Far prefer the chance of decent conversation you get on a board like this.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I think the point about Twitter (although I may be wrong) is that you can "follow" people who are leaders or who have knowledge in a field that you are interested in (of course it doesn't stop just anyone who wants to "twitter"). Unless you create a twitter blog yourself, you don't post yourself. As for Facebook, I've stopped using it. It's full of stupid gimmicks and quizzes. ? Far prefer the chance of decent conversation you get on a board like this.
Isn't it. And so many people seem to be addicted to them, too......
I think it justifies its existence for me in that if I've got a Facebook presence, those of my friends/acquaintances/contacts who choose to can get in touch via it.... which of course raises the question why don't we all just TALK!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw

Isn't it. And so many people seem to be addicted to them, too......
I think it justifies its existence for me in that if I've got a Facebook presence, those of my friends/acquaintances/contacts who choose to can get in touch via it.... which of course raises the question why don't we all just TALK!!!!
They are grooming people for the take over.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
They are grooming people for the take over.

Who? Not - the - N>W>O ???????
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Who? Not - the - N>W>O ???????
The invaders from cyberspace. lol
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

podge will become famous soon enough

i can never understand why ppl use twitter,why would people wont to know what you are doing every single minute of the day ..
isnt facebook,myspace,my yearbook etc etc bad enough ??
and to be honest most people but boring things for there status anyways
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:01 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
The invaders from cyberspace. lol
That`ll be Gordon and Co.

But for anybody travelling you should be aware of this document and ask why they still need Crimestoppers to catch criminals when there holding info for a minimum of 10yrs.

Read it here.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documen...05?view=Binary

The info broke into the public domain by the Mail on Sunday in March 2009.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...pt-decade.html

One interesting detail is the follow statement,

All the information passengers give to travel agents, including home addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, passport details and the names of family members, is shared with an unknown number of Government agencies for 'analysis' and stored for up to ten years.

So now not only will you not be allowed to carry liquids, you could also be red flagged, searched and detained on the bases of your behaviour/history.

As for liquids, independant tests found using the evidence gained from the bombers proved that to be able for them to have enough liquid explosive to cause harm would require a minimum 10 litre container/volume.

To bring damage to an aircraft would require a beer barrel full of liquid explosive.

The exact mixture and chemicals found haven`t been fully released to the public, but explosive experts could not find a method or substance capable of being carried onto a plane without being noticed.

Triacetone triperoxide is a close as they could find, nitroglycerin would be perfect in a small bottle such as shampoo, but would likely explode well before getting to the airport.

This is the BBC demo of an explosive expert using liquid in a commercial available soft drinks bottle and the damage caused.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7536167.stm

But it has been debunked as the bottle is placed on top of a plastic bag, which actually contained the real normal explosives.

The bottle was is incapable of damaging anything.

If you replay the vid you`ll also notice damage well below the position of the bottle to the plane body.

Will we be banned from eating before a flight
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
That`ll be Gordon and Co.

But for anybody travelling you should be aware of this document and ask why they still need Crimestoppers to catch criminals when there holding info for a minimum of 10yrs.

Read it here.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documen...05?view=Binary

The info broke into the public domain by the Mail on Sunday in March 2009.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...pt-decade.html

One interesting detail is the follow statement,

All the information passengers give to travel agents, including home addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, passport details and the names of family members, is shared with an unknown number of Government agencies for 'analysis' and stored for up to ten years.

So now not only will you not be allowed to carry liquids, you could also be red flagged, searched and detained on the bases of your behaviour/history.

As for liquids, independant tests found using the evidence gained from the bombers proved that to be able for them to have enough liquid explosive to cause harm would require a minimum 10 litre container/volume.

To bring damage to an aircraft would require a beer barrel full of liquid explosive.

The exact mixture and chemicals found haven`t been fully released to the public, but explosive experts could not find a method or substance capable of being carried onto a plane without being noticed.

Triacetone triperoxide is a close as they could find, nitroglycerin would be perfect in a small bottle such as shampoo, but would likely explode well before getting to the airport.

This is the BBC demo of an explosive expert using liquid in a commercial available soft drinks bottle and the damage caused.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7536167.stm

But it has been debunked as the bottle is placed on top of a plastic bag, which actually contained the real normal explosives.

The bottle was is incapable of damaging anything.

If you replay the vid you`ll also notice damage well below the position of the bottle to the plane body.

Will we be banned from eating before a flight
Do I see a little conspiracy theory coming through here???
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:30 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Do I see a little conspiracy theory coming through here???
Just a little.

A BBC proramme last night 7-30 showed an experiment with a toffee rocket,ie toffee down a tube, nitrous oxide fed through, strapped it to the back of a bicycle and got to around 30mph+ before he cut the fuel.

Using peanut butter too it propelled a 4 wheel flat trolley at almost 200mph only being stopped by a buffer.

Whilst the ingredients are inflammable they change dramatically when nitrous oxide is introduced,it's used within most solid rocket projects to help and increase firing/explosive power.

Same stuff is used as the propellent for Squirty creams,sweedish fire authorities have pointed this out following a fridge explosion there,they are thinking that a faulty or corroded valve on the cream may have accelerated the effect.

Nitrous Oxide is known as Laughing Gas, its easily available, easy to store and hide.

So soon they`ll be banning Peanut Butter & Toffee`s and Plastic Tubes.

My point being airport security is flawed by which I mean you cannot bring a plane down with liquids, the real threat from explosives is well tight and makes air travel safe, unless you did basic chemistry and felt like sending the duty free trolley down the aisle at serious speed.

I want to buy cheaper booze in Spain and carry it in the plane.

Last edited by chulo; Oct 6th 2009 at 7:36 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

If you do use Twitter add @britishexpat (someone had beat me to it and got britishexpats ) I promise not to send out any food related Tweets. Its all BE stuff, birthdays, links to threads, articles etc.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the likes of Twitter, facebook etc were for people that don't have any real friends to make some "cyber buddies". Either and/or for people with too much time on their hands.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:40 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Twitter, facebook et al.

Rearrange the following words.

Life Get A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.