Pensions

Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pensions

Originally Posted by angiescarr
They say, and it's true, that the Andalucians are "muy agogedores". (very welcoming).
And all these years I thought they were "acogedores", you live and learn here.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:58 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
You do seem to have a great gift for being able to read the minds of the locals, and also in guessing my age and social standing....it's quite remarkable!
I must remember to ask my *Spanish* family here if you are indeed correct....though with my many decades of experience of Spanish family life here I know for a fact that you are not!

As for the locals around here, well the majority of them are in fact quite wealthy people, all thanks to the ex-pats that they sold their houses and land to at the height of the property boom.
Even though these people are now rich beyond their wildest dreams they still live simple lives.
They are not in the least materialistic and prefer to live as they have always done... making the most of family and friends and living off the land, and they do indeed feel more blessed by that than by all their accumulated wealth.
Every post you write seems to smack of a superiority complex that you seem to have over the local population.
"they are all rich beyond their wildest dreams", thanks to the the Expats that bought their houses. If this is not presuming to know how the Spanish think, I dont know what is, how smarmy is that.

As for consulting your "spanish"family about the points I have written, how childish.
Yes I do have a good gift (your words) as to how tha locals think, because I am Spanish, and I also have a "Spanish" family, both my side and my wifes.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
And all these years I thought they were "acogedores", you live and learn here.
Quite right. mistyping is common on this forum though
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Every post you write seems to smack of a superiority complex that you seem to have over the local population.
"they are all rich beyond their wildest dreams", thanks to the the Expats that bought their houses. If this is not presuming to know how the Spanish think, I dont know what is, how smarmy is that.

As for consulting your "spanish"family about the points I have written, how childish.
Yes I do have a good gift (your words) as to how tha locals think, because I am Spanish, and I also have a "Spanish" family, both my side and my wifes.
Ok I'll admit, There are some who aren't so welcoming I knew there was some rank pulling going on. Or at least a mighty large chip on someone's shoulder.
Do play nicely!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right. mistyping is common on this forum though
Yes, been there, done that. It just amused me, I can see it in the dictionary,
agogedor-Person with blank look, looking agog.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

That would be Agogeira?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

I think you might find that JLFS has some experience of Spanish family life
i thought he had been in the UK nearly as long as me.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 4:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
That would be Agogeira?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:06 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thank you my boy, I'm pleased to bring a smile to your lips.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:10 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not so sure that happiness can just be measured by a contented lifestyle just above the breadline, without ambition to step a bit higher.

When I was younger and ambitious as hell, I moved to another country, far away from my family and friends to get on the next step of the ladder. The steps after that followed years of fighting my way out of the crowd on the same step as me. I did many things that with the later benefit of hindsight were not very nice.

I think I was only able to start being nicer when I had a few bob in the bank. When I was skint, I was a hungry scavenger to provide for my family. The only saving grace that I can think of is that I didn’t just do it for myself.

It’s easy to sit back and philosophise now. My family are all well fixed in life and my fridge is full of food and chocolate. I no longer have to go out in the dead of night to find food to feed my family, metaphorically speaking, of course.

(Starting tomorrow, I’m going to be friendlier to the lookie-lookie men).
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HBG
I’m not so sure that happiness can just be measured by a contented lifestyle just above the breadline, without ambition to step a bit higher.

When I was younger and ambitious as hell, I moved to another country, far away from my family and friends to get on the next step of the ladder. The steps after that followed years of fighting my way out of the crowd on the same step as me. I did many things that with the later benefit of hindsight were not very nice.

I think I was only able to start being nicer when I had a few bob in the bank. When I was skint, I was a hungry scavenger to provide for my family. The only saving grace that I can think of is that I didn’t just do it for myself.

It’s easy to sit back and philosophise now. My family are all well fixed in life and my fridge is full of food and chocolate. I no longer have to go out in the dead of night to find food to feed my family, metaphorically speaking, of course.

(Starting tomorrow, I’m going to be friendlier to the lookie-lookie men).
If you have chocolate in the fridge...You have a happy wife. If you have a happy wife you have a happy home
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:57 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you have chocolate in the fridge...You have a happy wife. If you have a happy wife you have a happy home
I've always looked at life that way. The trouble is, she is used to being a fighter too, there were six mini Mars bars in the fridge this morning, I've had one, and there is one left . . .
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

I think you might find that JLFS has some experience of Spanish family life
And I think you will find that I also have much experience of Spanish family life, my Spanish family are just that.....Spanish and blood relations.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

My oh my.....don't get your knickers in such a twist......
You are assuming once again!

Point number one, I do not and never have felt superior to the Spanish, I am far too deeply and closely involved with them for that, and I actually consider them on the whole to be wonderful people .
Point number two, you are in fact not the only one here with blood family that is Spanish... so please don't presume that you and you alone are the only one with experience.

My observations so far of you is that you try to be antagonistic towards a few of the members here.....so whom is it being childish.
You apparently read things into what is written in a completely different way from how they were meant, if you don't agree with that then just read back some of your own posts.

Merry Christmas ... Feliz Navidad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.