Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Pensionista Club

The Pensionista Club

Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:36 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default The Pensionista Club

I was asked by a friend of Mrs P to ask about the Pensionista Club. How do you join and what are the benefits.I found out a little below.She said cheaper travel and hotels are offered but the website is in a very strange nib.......I think its Spanish. Anyone of you older types have experiences/Tales to tell or are you a member.

http://www.clubdelpensionista.com.pe/

Here is what you do in Valencia.
Pensioners - Pensionista Club

Pensioners/Pensionistas. The Spanish Authorities take great care of their pensioners (often referred to as Amigos). Registering as a Pensionista gives you considerable benefits but I believe these vary somewhat depending on the Province in which you live. If registered anywhere in the Province of Valencia, these benefits include reduced train & bus fares, reduced admission to certain functions/events and admission to any Pensionistsa Club (the clubs are in most towns & villages) where generally meals and drinks are at very reasonable prices.

Showing your Pensionista membership card will ensure a warm welcome. You also become eligible for very reduced rate holidays at good class hotels via the Club Association.

To become a member in the Gandia area you need to collect a membership form from the Gandia Club's impressive premises based in Avenida Republica Argentina 52.
On completion you present it to the Reception Administrator together with a photocopy of your Passport, NIE registration or your Residencia plus two passport size photographs.
Outside the Gandia region you register either at your local Town Hall or at your nearest Pensionister Club Center.Info from Practicalspain.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 5th 2009 at 2:45 am.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:13 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pensionista Club

Friends of ours have joined, as you say there are lots of perks. Free travel, free meals, overnight stays in hotels. All for the princely sum of 12 euro a year We can't join though as we are too young
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:23 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like something Mitzyboy would be interested in...........
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Pensionista Club

Originally Posted by Lionda
Friends of ours have joined, as you say there are lots of perks. Free travel, free meals, overnight stays in hotels. All for the princely sum of 12 euro a year We can't join though as we are too young
What is the min age limit?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:21 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
What is the min age limit?
We have been told you have to be a pensioner and the minimum age is 60.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Pensionista Club

Originally Posted by Lionda
We have been told you have to be a pensioner and the minimum age is 60.
Qualify on both counts. Already got my bus pass in MK and found out yesterday that I can use it to get the Virgin bus to Luton airport to catch the Faro flights so my world is complete.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:09 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Qualify on both counts. Already got my bus pass in MK and found out yesterday that I can use it to get the Virgin bus to Luton airport to catch the Faro flights so my world is complete.
Go for it