Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pensioners cards

Pensioners cards

Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future
Default Pensioners cards

We have been told that when you reach 65 you can get discount cards from, I believe, Social Security. We have been told there are two types, one green card and one gold card which gives higher benefits. To get the gold card you have to prove income so are assuming if you have less you get more but don't know if this is the case. Can anyone tell us about these cards such as what benefits you get and confirm if it is Social Security we need to visit? Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:28 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pensioners cards

Everything you need to know and a downloadable application form is here:-

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/funda...mitem_view_pub
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Everything you need to know and a downloadable application form is here:-

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/funda...mitem_view_pub
Link is bust Fred.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:12 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Works OK for me. I have been having trouble with a number of sites today.

Try it again.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Works OK for me. I have been having trouble with a number of sites today.

Try it again.
Just get this, maybe a hiccup at their end.
Attached Thumbnails Pensioners cards-error2.png  
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:05 pm

I just checked it again - works fine.

Try this Tinyurl http://tinyurl.com/bbmdfa
Old Mar 8th 2009, 4:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I just checked it again - works fine.

Try this Tinyurl http://tinyurl.com/bbmdfa
Just had a clear out, but still get the same even with the other link, will try again tomorrow.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Just had a clear out, but still get the same even with the other link, will try again tomorrow.
It's not really worth the effort - you get cheaper glasses if you go to specific opticians and a cheap menu del dia at the local pensionistas club.

Oh yes - cheap haircuts as well!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

It's not really worth the effort - you get cheaper glasses if you go to specific opticians and a cheap menu del dia at the local pensionistas club.

Oh yes - cheap haircuts as well!
Cheers Fred, I will give it a miss then, my daughter cuts my hair and the rest is not worth worrying about like you say.
I thought it might be free trains and buses. ;-))
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:43 pm

You get cheaper fares on the trains by getting a "gold card" from RENFRE.

That's a good deal if you want a cheap trip to Madrid on the AVE.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

You get cheaper fares on the trains by getting a "gold card" from RENFRE.

That's a good deal if you want a cheap trip to Madrid on the AVE.
Thanks I will look into it, does it include dependants or will she have to stay at home ? ;-))
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:48 pm

I guess not but you could try booking online.

If not I'm sure she will enjoy a day on her own!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I guess not but you could try booking online.

If not I'm sure she will enjoy a day on her own!
Oi !!!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks I will look into it, does it include dependants or will she have to stay at home ? ;-))
The card I believe is for the individual only and they have to be 60 years old.

Rosemary

Ps The gold card costs 5 euros for a year.

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 8th 2009 at 8:21 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The card I believe is for the individual only and they have to be 60 years old.

Rosemary

Ps The gold card costs 5 euros for a year.
Thanks, I will take her on the fast train then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.