Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PCR or Antigen test?

PCR or Antigen test?

Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCR or Antigen test?

I booked the day 2 with Randox, mainly for the clear pricing.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEDShappy

I suggest you read this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...PCR-tests.html
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
Careful with Randox. You need to order well in advance as it took mine a week to arrive. Secondly, make sure you know where the nearest drop box is. Mine was over 20 miles a way and as I didn't have a car I realised I needed to courier it as they dont allow you to use Royal Mail and the sample must arrive within 70 hours of doing the test. Couriers dont collect or deliver at weekends meaning if day 2 is Saturday you cant get it to them by Monday as it is next day delivery. To make things worse Randox courier address in in NI which dosent get next day delivery from UK. None of this is pointed out by Randox in their blurb. They just say post your results ie put it in a letter box!! Not.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingbanana is an unknown quantity at this point

it is a real shame we have to jump through these hoops to get back into the UK + all the extra costs. We are driving down thro France at the end of the month & it does look quite simple to get thro & down to Spain & back up. Its only the UK entry part. We hope to have the Antigen test at a local pharmacist in Spain in the time limit allowed to gain entry back to UK. Then the 2 day PCR at what ever the price will be.
Soooo looking forward to it.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Delacourt is an unknown quantity at this point

I had exactly the same question, we fly on Thursday, how did it go with just Antigen test? Thanks mark
Old Aug 10th 2021, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No problems with my experience.
Clear pricing and simple to order. Delivered in three working days with notification of when it would be delivered.
Randox drop box was easy to find, others were available at less of a distance.
Results received the following day.
Others may have a different experience.

If you are referring to the corruption surrounding the tests and the other unnecessary restrictions, then that's another subject altogether.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Our dentist has started offering a fit to fly test 40e!!!
Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
Brighton67 I hope all went well for you. May I ask who you booked the day 2 test with? I went through the government approved list of providers here: Choose a provider for your day 2 test - GOV.UK (find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk) and found that most of them were just sharks with incorrectly advertised prices to get to the top of the list..
We returned to UK from Spain a week today, we used these, they were £40 and everything worked ok, however they have since put them up to £65!

https://nwp-online.co.uk/
We know people who have used these and are cheaper,

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/pr...t-kit-home-kit

It really doesn't matter if the test doesn't turn up or is late because if you are worried or concerned you can get a NHS test, you just need a number to put on the UK passenger locator form, that's really what you are paying for, it is a farce, but you won't get in without one
Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:28 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Ministers face calls to intervene in ‘scam’ Covid travel test system

In which Randox is mentioned, but it appears to be a systemic problem.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 11:56 am
Just Joined

purch is an unknown quantity at this point

Must say I agree with the positive feedback for Randox

My Day 2 tests arrived the day after I ordered them, and when we returned from Spain the results were delivered less than 24 hours after I placed them in the returns box

£40 each was not a rip off IMHO
Old Aug 12th 2021, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purch
Must say I agree with the positive feedback for Randox

My Day 2 tests arrived the day after I ordered them, and when we returned from Spain the results were delivered less than 24 hours after I placed them in the returns box

£40 each was not a rip off IMHO
Thereby lies the problems i think, you say £40 but now they advertise from £43 but the only option is £48 and it was £69 , the place we used was £40 and is now £65 , it's this jumping of prices that lead many, me included, to think this is just a bandwagon for shark's to rip people off and any consumer laws seem not to apply, crazy!
Old Aug 15th 2021, 12:01 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

‘Lost samples and late results’: the Tory donor, his son and their travel-test firms

The whole programme seems to be a government-approved scam.

Last edited by DLC; Aug 15th 2021 at 12:03 pm.