Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PC probs (again)

PC probs (again)

Old May 15th 2006, 6:44 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default PC probs (again)

help please, yep I know I am a real pest. Since plugging in my skype phone, when I try to play a CD or DVD the sound is real low, yep I have turned up all my devices on PC.
Is it because of Skype? I need to play my Spanish CD's ..... dont understand about default stuff, not too good with the ol computer stuff, any advice would be mucho appreciated,thanks,pat
Old May 15th 2006, 8:42 am
vlc
Just Joined

vlc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PC probs (again)

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
help please, yep I know I am a real pest. Since plugging in my skype phone, when I try to play a CD or DVD the sound is real low, yep I have turned up all my devices on PC.
Is it because of Skype? I need to play my Spanish CD's ..... dont understand about default stuff, not too good with the ol computer stuff, any advice would be mucho appreciated,thanks,pat
Morning Pat

Did you have the same problem when using Skype via a headset?

Which port is the phone plugged into? Is it a USB phone?

Regards

David.
Old May 15th 2006, 9:43 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vlc
Morning Pat

Did you have the same problem when using Skype via a headset?

Which port is the phone plugged into? Is it a USB phone?

Regards

David.
David, I have always used just the phone,not a headset. mind you have just got a new skype phone (one that looks like a real phone) and yes it is a USB phone
pat
Old May 15th 2006, 9:48 am
vlc
Just Joined

David, I have always used just the phone,not a headset. mind you have just got a new skype phone (one that looks like a real phone) and yes it is a USB phone
pat
So you're only encountering this problem with the new phone, yes?

you could try this;

1. Go to Skype Tools->Options->Sound Devices

2. Uncheck the box "Let Skype adjust my sound device settings", click OK

3. Go to the Windows Control Panel ->Sound and Audio devices->Audio tab

4. There you will see a microphone picture, check that the correct audio device is displayed there( in the dropdown list )and click Volume button under this picture.

5. Windows Recording mixer will open. Move Microphone level slider to the acceptable level.

If you're still having problems let me know.

Regards

David

Play with the recording level untill you get acceptable result.
Old May 15th 2006, 9:50 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

pat
Dunno if you've tried this but:

Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Sound & Audio Device -> Advanced

and make sure the volume is up for wave/cdplayer etc
Old May 15th 2006, 10:44 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

Originally Posted by vlc
So you're only encountering this problem with the new phone, yes?

you could try this;

1. Go to Skype Tools->Options->Sound Devices

2. Uncheck the box "Let Skype adjust my sound device settings", click OK

3. Go to the Windows Control Panel ->Sound and Audio devices->Audio tab

4. There you will see a microphone picture, check that the correct audio device is displayed there( in the dropdown list )and click Volume button under this picture.

5. Windows Recording mixer will open. Move Microphone level slider to the acceptable level.

If you're still having problems let me know.

Regards

David

Play with the recording level untill you get acceptable result.
hi david,
well tried all above, still the same.
thing is its not really that i have trouble with phone,its when i want to play my spanish language cd's, I cant hear them, as i have said i tried turning everything up but when i do and go back to look it has turned itself down again (spooky err )
by the way when i went to the boxes in control panel it said
USB Audio device or
Realtek AC97 Audio

it is on USB Audio device ???

pat
Old May 15th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

hi david,
well tried all above, still the same.
thing is its not really that i have trouble with phone,its when i want to play my spanish language cd's, I cant hear them, as i have said i tried turning everything up but when i do and go back to look it has turned itself down again (spooky err )
by the way when i went to the boxes in control panel it said
USB Audio device or
Realtek AC97 Audio

it is on USB Audio device ???

pat
No, your CD plays through the Realtek device. The USB device is the Skype phone. The volume of the CD device is controlled by the master volume setting and the CD or wave setting, depending how your CD audio is connected internally.

Do you have the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the system tray part of the taskbar (icon looks like a speaker with sound waves coming out of it)? If so, open it and select the MIXER tab and adjust the appropriate controls accordingly.
Old May 15th 2006, 12:30 pm
vlc
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Unexpat
No, your CD plays through the Realtek device. The USB device is the Skype phone. The volume of the CD device is controlled by the master volume setting and the CD or wave setting, depending how your CD audio is connected internally.

Do you have the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the system tray part of the taskbar (icon looks like a speaker with sound waves coming out of it)? If so, open it and select the MIXER tab and adjust the appropriate controls accordingly.
Hi Pat

What Unexpat said is right. If this doesn't work for you let me know and I'll call you to discuss the problem.

If all else fails I can come out and take a look.

Regards

David.