Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Passport photos

Passport photos

Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport photos

Hola, Does anyone know where there booths for taking passport photos. We have one in Coin but guess wot not working, surprise!!!! We live in Pizarra and are close to Alhaurin el Grande or the coast. All help please: fingerscrossed:
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport photos

Originally Posted by maisymay
Hola, Does anyone know where there booths for taking passport photos. We have one in Coin but guess wot not working, surprise!!!! We live in Pizarra and are close to Alhaurin el Grande or the coast. All help please: fingerscrossed:
Spanish passport photos are a different size to UK ones, best to go to a photo shop and get them done, only a few euros for four pics.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point

I want U.K. passport photos
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

as JDR says go to a photo shop, they Passport office are very picky, print off from web site the details re size, can do in Spanish and give to person taking photos, very cheap.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

xirles is an unknown quantity at this point

When we needed photos to renew UK passports we also went to a photo shop and they asked us was it for UK passports or spanish ID and provided the correct sizes accordingly. Was less than 5 euros for 4 photographs. It was a KODAK shop and they were very efficient and helpful.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Although we're in Portugal, can I re-iterate what the previous posters have said.

And please make sure that you have the correct background colour. We had to go back twice

And if you wear glasses, check again

And if you have an English address, get everything sent there, rther than Madrid, its a heck of a lot cheaper
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzetajan
Although we're in Portugal, can I re-iterate what the previous posters have said.

And please make sure that you have the correct background colour. We had to go back twice

And if you wear glasses, check again

And if you have an English address, get everything sent there, rther than Madrid, its a heck of a lot cheaper
And illegal.
If you live in Spain you have to do it through the embassy, or go back to the UK and do it there.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if its illegal in Spain, probably is in Portugal too.

But still flippin' cheaper.

And quicker.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by fuzetajan
Sorry if its illegal in Spain, probably is in Portugal too.

But still flippin' cheaper.

And quicker.
It won`t be cheaper if you get pulled at the border and your time in PT and the renewal don`t correspond.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Just on the size thing, I think some of the machines ARE the same size pic, particularly the six-pack (!) which sells itself as DNI/carnet/passport size. measure it and it appears the same as the UK requirements...... as to getting the size of the head right, that's a different issue! (oh, and of course cream or grey background...
Old Nov 12th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I live here jdr and have only been back to the uk once in 6 years, so it won't get used that often and the date all correspond properly, thank you.

I did nothing illegal, just cheaper.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 7:36 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We followed the instructions on the downloaded form from British Consulate, I took my husband's photo (with correct background colour, it tells you on the form) and he made sure it was the correct size with a photo programme on the computer. He was able to keep his glasses on as they did not obscure his eyes and were not tinted nor have reflections on the photo.

Sent it off to Madrid, it was accepted.

I renewed my passport in the UK and had my photo taken at Max Speilman, (with my glasses off) it cost about a fiver for about six photos, then had everything checked at the Post Office, passport arrived in about a week.

If you go to professional passport photographer in Spain, take the downloaded instructions with you so that you can check on size, colour etc before you leave, in case they are not used to British passport photos.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

When you sign your passport renewal application form you have to sign that you live in the UK.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:56 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

You can renew in the UK if you have a legitimate UK address to send it to, and you are in the UK at the time.

When I renewed mine in the UK, I fulfilled both these criteria.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

As I did. We use middle sons address for any problems. All authorities have our home address here and that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.