Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Parking at Faro Airport

Parking at Faro Airport

Old Dec 13th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Marymaccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking at Faro Airport

Does anybody know any good, cheap options for secure parking at Faro Airport? We have read that you can leave your car on the approach road to the airport, but don't feel brave enough to do that for a couple of weeks.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Parking at Faro Airport

Originally Posted by Marymaccy
Does anybody know any good, cheap options for secure parking at Faro Airport? We have read that you can leave your car on the approach road to the airport, but don't feel brave enough to do that for a couple of weeks.
Yes! We heard that people park on the "motorway" leading to the airport and they do but I don't know for how long. Some cars do have flat tyres so some have been there a long time. Also there are cars parked all around the R/about on any spare land. So what do you do I think it would be OK for up to a week but I would be worried after that.

We wanted to leave a uk registered for about 6 weeks so decided that the road was a non starter. Searching on the Portugal site we found 2 options 1. the airport has a long stay scheme for about €600 per annum
2. there is a "bloke"that rents space in a secure yard within walking distance of departures for €2.50 a day.

A good alternative is to catch the train at V.R.St.O to Faro and the bus to the airport works well for flights after about 10.30am costs about €7 for two pensioners and is a real "local" trip.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Marymaccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parking at Faro Airport

Thanks for this - do you happen to have the details of the bloke that rents the space close to the airport?
Would love to try the VRSA option, but flights a bit early, and would be concerned that the Portuguese railway system would do a BR on us!
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Parking at Faro Airport

Originally Posted by Marymaccy
Thanks for this - do you happen to have the details of the bloke that rents the space close to the airport?
Would love to try the VRSA option, but flights a bit early, and would be concerned that the Portuguese railway system would do a BR on us!
Yes but not with me I will search and post but if you search on the Portugal site you will find them. No chance they are ontime everytime but a bit slow so leave at 08.15 Spanish Faro at 09.25 portuguese bus is timed to link and you are in departures before 10.00.