Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

parking british reg.in Malaga

parking british reg.in Malaga

Old Jul 17th 2013, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default parking british reg.in Malaga

Well my new life in the sun has started and I thought that I would get some miles from my UK reg. car before getting rid of it. Bad idea it seems. yesterday my wife and I went to Ikea Malaga to look at some furniture. We were only there for about an hour and when we came out some B****** had tried to open the lock with a screwdriver or similar. At least they did not succeed but the lock is totally done in. Fortunately I can still use the I.R to get in. I spoke to a "nice lady" who was patrolling the car park but she had seen "nada de nada" I spoke to my insurance who told me to drive the car to my house and then report it to my local police for an "incident " number (and have it repaired when I take it back to the UK later this year as technically I am still on holiday) Well all I could get from the Policia local was " which police did my insurance tell me to go to?" "We have thee you know!" they seemed to take it as some kind of a joke.
It taught me a lesson. I will get a Spanish reg.car a.s.a.p.
Pete ( no longer a teuchter)
Old Jul 17th 2013, 10:51 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parking british reg.in Malaga

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
Well my new life in the sun has started and I thought that I would get some miles from my UK reg. car before getting rid of it. Bad idea it seems. yesterday my wife and I went to Ikea Malaga to look at some furniture. We were only there for about an hour and when we came out some B****** had tried to open the lock with a screwdriver or similar. At least they did not succeed but the lock is totally done in. Fortunately I can still use the I.R to get in. I spoke to a "nice lady" who was patrolling the car park but she had seen "nada de nada" I spoke to my insurance who told me to drive the car to my house and then report it to my local police for an "incident " number (and have it repaired when I take it back to the UK later this year as technically I am still on holiday) Well all I could get from the Policia local was " which police did my insurance tell me to go to?" "We have thee you know!" they seemed to take it as some kind of a joke.
It taught me a lesson. I will get a Spanish reg.car a.s.a.p.
Pete ( no longer a teuchter)
Welcome to Spain!

Go to the National Police to get an incident number, then you can make a claim.

The local police are employed by the town hall and are simply glorified traffic wardens or lollipop people!

The Guardia seem to be a law unto themselves and don't really want to get involved with anything much unless it's mega important or involves shooting someone!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:24 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parking british reg.in Malaga

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Welcome to Spain!

Go to the National Police to get an incident number, then you can make a claim.

The local police are employed by the town hall and are simply glorified traffic wardens or lollipop people!

The Guardia seem to be a law unto themselves and don't really want to get involved with anything much unless it's mega important or involves shooting someone!
except they have guns

ours seem to collect the rents from the Thursday Market stall holders - perhaps they shoot them if they don't pay up