British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/parking-attendents-ayamonte-944597/)

maverik Jul 2nd 2022 4:53 pm

Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte

It is getting total out of control. this Morning , I witnessed a fight between one of the so called attendents and somebody who refused to pay him. This is the second incident I saw this week. If the town Hall won't have a reaction, it will be just a matter of time before somebody gets hurt or ends up in the harbour. Get parking meters in there and let us say, the first 60 min is for free. , It would help to get the parking problem solved.
For a first time visitor who sees those Attendents at work while they have a fight going on. It is not a good impression.

bolton wanderer Jul 2nd 2022 9:41 pm

Re: Parking 'Attendents' Ayamonte

Is this an official parking attendant? or one of the scammers who operate on a "mind your car mister"?

TBH there're all over Spain & beyond. Just pay it and get on with your life, or park elsewhere.

VEDShappy Jul 3rd 2022 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer (Post 13126499)
Is this an official parking attendant? or one of the scammers who operate on a "mind your car mister"?

TBH there're all over Spain & beyond. Just pay it and get on with your life, or park elsewhere.

Anything but "official", although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise given that nothing is done about them.
No matter where they are, you have the choice. People paying them, out of pity or fear, only perpetuates their existence.

Kayann Jul 3rd 2022 1:30 pm

I am privileged to have a home in Ayamonte where I spend a number of weeks each year. I will share my good luck by paying 50 cents or one euro when I park the car to go and sit in a beautiful square and enjoy a coffee for 1.20 Euro. Yesterday in the UK I paid £3 for two hours parking and £6.40 for two coffees in Costa! At least they are proactive and not just sitting in the doorway of an empty shop saying ‘ Any spare change please.’ Greet them with a smile and a few words in Spanish and all is well in their world and yours. The way the world is at the moment we need to share our good fortune.

Loco Jul 4th 2022 12:41 am

I agree. Most are smack heads who won't damage your car if you don't pay. They just want enough to get 5 euros for thier next fix.

In Ayamonte thier "service" is not that useful.

In Seville centre they can actually be extremely useful.

​​​​​​Best
Loco

Originally Posted by Kayann (Post 13126562)
I am privileged to have a home in Ayamonte where I spend a number of weeks each year. I will share my good luck by paying 50 cents or one euro when I park the car to go and sit in a beautiful square and enjoy a coffee for 1.20 Euro. Yesterday in the UK I paid £3 for two hours parking and £6.40 for two coffees in Costa! At least they are proactive and not just sitting in the doorway of an empty shop saying ‘ Any spare change please.’ Greet them with a smile and a few words in Spanish and all is well in their world and yours. The way the world is at the moment we need to share our good fortune.